“Fair”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster House

The Lobster House
Ranked #14 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Fair”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

restaurant was noisy, service was fair and food was average. Lobster and shrimp were overcooked, expensive for what you got! Wouldn't recommend or go back

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lori H

Columbus, OH
“Fresh food! Good for large groups!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We showed up with a party of 8 and had to wait a little while. Personally, I think a good wait is important. It shows the restaurant is popular. We went out back to the Schooner Bar and enjoyed a cocktail and the water. We were seated within an hour (we showed up at 7pm) and the server was very patient with us and our friends. We had a total of 4 kids with us. We all had unique orders. The food was brought out timely, and hot! The seafood was very fresh and cooked perfectly! Staff was very friendly and accommodated our special requests. Great Stop while in Cape May!

Visited July 2014
Princeton, NJ
“Best fresh flounder - eat out on the deck!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We've been going to the Lobster House for the past 3 years -- we sit out on the deck and do the "take out" window -- if you it it right, you'll be fine in terms of seating -- we try to get there around 5:30 or so. It is a hassle to try and find a table, but it's definitely part of the charm! They also have a bar, and keep in mind that you have to ALL go up to purchase drinks (if you buy a pitcher of beer, everyone who will be sharing it has to go up to get their own cup). Every year, we get the fried flounder and french fries -- I don't know what they do with it, but the flounder is just PERFECT. The views of the fishing fleet, the smell of the docks -- that's what seaside is all about!

1 Thank kikibat
West Orange, New Jersey
“This is a great beach restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I grew up going to South Carolina beaches and since moving to New Jersey 10 years ago and vacationing on the shore I've been longing to go to a restaurant similar to those at Murrel's Inlet. I finally found it at the Lobster House.

The atmosphere was fantastic. While very busy,the staff is organized and runs you through the wait process with ease. Our wait at 6pm on a Saturday was 45 minutes, but there was plenty of open room at the bar area to wait. The bar looks like Ralph Lauren's crazy uncle's hunting lodge- I loved it. They also served cocktails in old fashioned glasses. Pub cheese and crackers flanked the tables along with an oyster bar. It made me want to get a dirty martini and kick back.

My kids loved walking to the different areas do the restaurant. My daughter thought the dining area on the boat was amazing and my son got a kick out of watching the "big boats" come in.

When we finally got sat it was worth the wait. We did not hold back- we started with a dozen oysters and a bottle of wine. The wine selection was sparse, but that didn't matter. I got the soft shell crab, which was excellent. The service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and good with kids. Lots of bussers, which I love. I hate having plates pile up on the table and they were quick to clear and ready the table for the next course.

The atmosphere was casual but you can still have an extremely nice meal here. Probably one of our favorite meals over the weekend.

Middletown, PA
“Huge Attendance So Prepare For A Wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a hugely popular restaurant (and take out place) so be prepared to wait (no reservations). They have a huge seafood and dessert market for take out that is fascinating to view while waiting and they have a bar area with tables for waiting. Food was very good. I had snapper soup and seafood pasta. They have a fresh-baked multi-grain bread you slice at the table (we went through several loaves). If you get there early enough there is a view out to the fishing fleet and dock area, especially from the second floor dining area. There is a huge stone parking lot but you may have to hunt for a space due to the popularity.