“Not like it was when I was here as a young adult”
Review of Carney's

Carney's
Ranked #52 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have tried Carneys a few times in recent years as I had fond memories from the 70's and 80's, but food not so good and service is marginal. You can get a better meal elsewhere. I am not a big drinker, so cannot comment. There was a performer setting up around the time we finished our meal, so that is available.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Not so bad for drinks but dont eat here if you want a nice meal. We only ended up at Carney's becasue all the other restaurants we wanted to go to had no tables (need to make reservations when in Cape may, even during the "off" season) The food and service was poor, should have known fom the lack of people.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We did the early bird deal before 6pm seating which was $15 pp with a choice of soup/salad, entree which was a very nice portion (salmon and ckn parm) and dessert (choc mousse and chessecake). Service was average. Food very good

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Typical beach bar atmosphere with reasonably priced drinks during the happy hour. Chicken parmesan for $18 was pretty good.The $23 crab cakes (2) were pretty tasty and were accompanied with a decent salad and vegetables. I could have had the same meal on the other side of their restaurant for only $15, but did not realize that until I saw the menu posted in the window on the other side of the building as I was leaving. Conveniently located right across from the beach. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere. Service was good.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was no different then any other chain restaurant, just more pricier. Would not return here. Thought the food was bland