“Nice restaurant in Cape May”

Union Park Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Park Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Street
Transit: n/a
Description: Across from the ocean, this elegant dining room serves classic American food with a special touch. Union Park Dining Room received New Jersey Monthly Magazine's 2005 thru 2016 Critics Choice Award as one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. Working his magic behind the scenes, chef John Schatz has overseen the kitchens of some sophisticated eateries in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, including the former Maureen's in Cape May. The large, spacious dining rooms with their fireplaces, cherry & mahogany furniture & antique fixtures are romance personified. Settle in for a memorable meal. Private dining rooms available from 8 to 42 guests. Banquet Facilities: Located in the historic Hotel Macomber, union park dining room is available for both casual & elegant parties, receptions, special occasion dinners or complete weddings. Our facility can host groups up to 130 people, depending on the type of reception you desire.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The dining room is beautiful - very opulent looking. The food is okay, but I would say it was just average. Not bad, but didn't live up to the expectations of the room.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The setting was nice and the service was good. My wife had short ribs, which were tasty and very tender. I had a strip steak which was very tough and undercooked. I did not feel like sending it back and waiting while my wife waited. One other negative point. We made a reservation on open table which was confirmed via e-mail. We made it for 9 o'clock because of the Christmas tour we were taking. At 5 that evening they called to say that they would not be able to accept a 9 o'clock reservation because it was too late in the evening and we would have to make it for earlier. I did because at that point I had no choice. A great restaurant does not do that

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had a very nice dinner here. Our server was excellent. Its technically BYOB, but they serve local wine too. Our fish and filet mignon were excellent.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our group of friends dines here twice a year when visiting Cape May, always in full Victorian regalia (though most guests are dressed far more casually). The only time I've ever had anything that didn't make me swoon with delight was a dish that turned out to be spicier than I'd anticipated. So, counting appetizers and desserts, that's one dish out of, say, 50 or so. Not a bad record! As the menu changes seasonally, it's hard to recommend a specific dish, but the chai short ribs and the lamb are standouts. Also, I had the best chicken dish I've ever eaten here.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My mother and I had a very good dinner here! I ordered the filet with whipped potatoes and green beans. The filet was a tad rare but it was delicious. My mom got a chicken dish and was raving about it the entire dinner. Dessert was a chocolate layer cake and it was sooo good! This restaurant is bring your own alcohol, otherwise they only have wine and water I think. I will suggest ordering an appetizer as well, the portions are not what I am use to eating and I was hungry later that night. The music was REALLY slow and sleepy. The service was good.