“Move over, California Grill!!”

Union Park Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Park Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Street
Transit: n/a
Description: Across from the ocean, this elegant dining room serves classic American food with a special touch. Union Park Dining Room received New Jersey Monthly Magazine's 2005 thru 2016 Critics Choice Award as one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. Working his magic behind the scenes, chef John Schatz has overseen the kitchens of some sophisticated eateries in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, including the former Maureen's in Cape May. The large, spacious dining rooms with their fireplaces, cherry & mahogany furniture & antique fixtures are romance personified. Settle in for a memorable meal. Private dining rooms available from 8 to 42 guests. Banquet Facilities: Located in the historic Hotel Macomber, union park dining room is available for both casual & elegant parties, receptions, special occasion dinners or complete weddings. Our facility can host groups up to 130 people, depending on the type of reception you desire.
Rio Grande, NJ
“Move over, California Grill!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2006

We have a new #1!!

As a reward to myself for completing a 3 day fitness certification course, I brought my wife to Union Park at the Hotel Macomber.

From the service, to the location of the table (great ocean view), to most importantly, the food, it was a 5 star experience!!

For starters, my wife had the asparagus soup, which she still talks about days later! I had the Lobster Salad, great as well.

For entrees, my wife had the Filet toppped with plenty of crabmeat, and I had the Kobe Beef Burger that was off the charts outrageous!!

To sum it all up, California Grill at Disney now takes a back seat (no fault of their own) to Union Park. I would put myself through fitness camp all over again if a meal at Union Park was at the end of it all!

17 Thank Jerry93

“Union Park was great!”
Reviewed 25 July 2006

We dined at Union Park on Saturday, July 22nd. The food, service and atmosphere are all very good. This is a BYOB restaurant and I would suggest making a reservation. Check out their website for discount coupons and a sample menu. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone without any hesitation.

17 Thank DebinDoylestown
Westchester, NY
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 5 July 2006

My husband and I were able to secure a table at 8:30 PM last Friday evening without a reservation. The waiter was extremely attentive, the wine we brought was opened without a corkage fee, the fish soup provencal was the best I have ever tasted, and the entrees were well prepared. Highly recommended for a quiet dinner.

21 Thank APBWestchester_NY
Jackson, NJ
“Terrific Food and Service”
Reviewed 6 March 2006

Absolutely the best fine dining and service in Cape May every time! An exceptional value for fine dining. We used an online coupon for free desserts, and BYOB is a plus to keep your check reasonable. Classy dining room, attentive staff and consistently delicious meals make Union Park our favorite place to dine in Cape May!

24 Thank tandekerr
A TripAdvisor Member
“We will be back”
Reviewed 5 March 2006

After having dinner at the Union Park last night I must say what a great experience it was. We found this restaurant, what now has become our favorite, last Fall by taking the advice I found here. From start to finish our evening was wonderful. Found my favorite still on the menu, the lamb, and it was just like I remembered. Two thumbs up to the Chef, not only creative but consistent too. The service was outstanding and everyone was friendly and attentive. I was some what surprised to see that they even remembered us from last year, nice touch. Union Park remains on the top of our list of things to do in Cape May. We will be back.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member