“Food great; Ambience could be better”

Aleathea's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 140 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aleathea's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in season on the beachfront in Victorian Cape May. Plus, we have a beachfront patio where you can enjoy cocktails and light fare.
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“Food great; Ambience could be better”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Aleathea's our first night in Cape May. I thought it would be charming to eat a delicious meal in an old Inn. Our server was good, attentive. The restaurant wasn't busy. Mostly seniors and us. The meal was good except for the cigarette smoke floating in from the verandah. When we stopped in the bar for an after dinner drink it was worse. I understand people need to smoke somewhere but not where I'm going to eat an expensive, romantic dinner. Would we go back? No.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 4redheadsonaroadtrip

Collegeville, Minnesota
“Tea for Two”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Mid-afternoon my friend and I needed a picker-upper, Aleathea's graciously improvised afternoon tea for two. The well designed and appointed environment must be even more attractive at night. We sat at a window across the street from the beach. Friendly, efficient service.

• Visited June 2014
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went for restaurant week & I'm glad that I chose Aleathea's for it! For one, I always wanted to go there! Those rocking chairs on the porch have always tempted me. Make sure you get there before your reservation time to have a cocktail on the porch & sit in one of those rocking chairs as we did. So relaxing! Were seated on time although they were packed. Our server Melinda was such a sweetheart. Nice & friendly. Now for their food. Aleathea's does restaurant week the CORRECT way that any other restaurant should do for restaurant week and that is to have your entire menu on it so the customer can pick. Not just give the customer 3 options.... chicken, steak or salmon. Anyway, there was 3 of us & we decided to sample each others food. Caesar salad was delicious & dressed correctly & the Tomato & fresh mozzarella salad was so good! I did make an order for the Cape May Salts (raw oysters), fresh & tender. My mom got the crab cake, all crab meat! My boyfriend got the filet, tender & cooked perfectly along with the scallop & sides. I got the grouper.OMG! So delicious!!! I would order that again. Oh & other apps we got were fried oysters (delicious), shrimp with slaw (yummy), but as for me, the mussels with blue cheese... it does NOT go together. Everything else including dessert, awesome including atmosphere. Go!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Bear, Delaware
“Wedding Rehearsal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The wedding rehearsal dinner on may 24th 2014 was spectacular. The food was delicious and the servers were pleasant and catered to out littlest whims. Thank you for making our son's wedding weekend a blast !!

• Visited May 2014
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“good food with excellent service.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you like seafood you'll love eating here,if not your choices are very limited. The services was top notched,staff friendly and professional.

Visited May 2014