“Great Food in a Fun Setting but a Little Overpriced”
Review of 410 Bank Street

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. Dining in the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, the dream continues with the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Henry Sing Cheng, whose original creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2012." (Open Seasonally April - early October)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The service was good and the New Orleans style food was great. The restaurant is set in a sprawling one story house and the atmosphere in most of the rooms feels lively and energetic. Still, it feels a little overpriced. Average entree is about $35.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

410 Bank was just OK, nothing special.I had the Jumbalia,it was just OK, and I'm not a food snob.Although I know and enjoy good food.The atmosphere was nice,the best part is when you walk in the side,with the plants and trees overhanging.I wouldn't rush to go back, to many other great places!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Romantic atmosphere, the finest cuisine expertly prepared and beautifully plated, service above and beyond expectation made for a wonderful 30th anniversary dinner. The voodoo shrimp were large and plentiful, spicy but delicious. The coconut crusted catfish was the most delicious fish I've ever eaten! Chocolate mousse pie for dessert was to die for!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I have gone to Cape May every year for the past 30 and have always enjoyed eating in the delicious places CM has to offer.

We have gone to 410 Bank Street twice now and, I must say, the service is excellent! Sure they make their waiters wear ridiculous shirts that most would be embarrassed to wear in public, but these wonderful waiters and waitresses don't let it stop them from delivering the best service I've had for a long time.

While the service is top notch, the dining area (a converted house) is a bit cramped and it is hard to make your way around without having to stop and wait for someone to pass. While my family absolutely loved their food (they get the Jamaican Chicken), I have yet to find a dish I really enjoy. Nonetheless, I will just go back for the service and hope to find something I like!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just ate at 410 Bank Street recently. We were very impressed with the food. The waitress knew every detail of the menu. She accommodated our individual tastes and made outstanding recommendations. Portion size were surprisingly large. It is a BYOB so prepare in advance. We plan to return often.