“Bring your appetite AND your credit card” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. Dining in the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, the dream continues with the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Henry Sing Cheng, whose original creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2012." Please call restaurant directly for parties larger than 6. (609) 884-2127
nj
“Bring your appetite AND your credit card”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were looking forward to this meal during our week long vacation in Ocean City. I had never been to Cape May, our traveling companions had, so they recommended this restaurant. Even though we had a Rez and showed up on time we waited about 15 minutes. The area we were seated in was crowded...at least we were in a quiet corner, but they squeezed as many tables as possible into the restaurant. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. There were lots of specials, the descriptions were full and appetizing sounding. I'm the only one who thought prices should be included at the end of the description. Our friends and my husband say no, that the menu is indicative and one should kinda get an idea from that. Okay, that being said....whoa, wow and holy cow. Appetizers ran around $15 per. Entrees high $30s to low $40s. Sides included were a plus and BYOB. We did go all out and ordered coffee and desserts, so we are talking over $80 per person. Now for the food. My husband had oyster stew. OUTSTANDING. My daughter had lobster bisque. OUSTANDING. I had the grilled shrimp trio. Lovely, the coleslaw was fresh and interesting, the mangos salsa was also very fresh and felt like it was just prepared as if the knife just went thru all the ingredients and released all those flavors. Then the baby rack of lamb. Six beautiful lamb chops, cooked perfectly, warm, tender on a bed of Demi glaze that I was tempted to lick the plate. The mashed potatoes could use a little work.....not hot enuf, too starchy, not creamy. Desserts were over the top delicious too. Bread pudding. Pecan cheesecake. White chocolate cheesecake and key lime pie. Maybe this meal was as good as it was because I had a few days of disappointing restaurant meals? On second thought, no. It was really, really a great meal, a bit overpriced.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank gg99

• Greek first
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Just Being Honest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

People know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

The food. 410 has an exciting and unusual menu which is a pleasure to read. The waitress was knowledgeable and assisted us with detailed descriptions of the "Specials." The wait staff was very responsive and they could not have been more helpful. Everyone seemed like they wanted to wait on you. The Jamaican steak was good (a bit over cooked) and the potatoes were excellent. The lobster tail was tasty and the shrimp appetizer was unique and the cold slaw bed with the mango salsa was delicious. Deserts were very tasty as well.
The presentation of all the dishes were well done. Now the other issue. Coke (by the bottle) was $3:75 each) Sparkling water was $9:00 a bottle. Bottom line is 410 Bank St. is an expensive dinning experience (especially for a family). If you want something different and are not afraid to pay the price it's worth a try. Family of 5 and the bill was $400.00+. A bit much.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Austin P
“Just okay, which is disappointing for a place that aspires to so much more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I have been to 410 Bank Street about half a dozen times (once or twice with the kids). It is simply okay. The service is generally outstanding, if occasionally a bit too full of themselves. The main problem I have with the food is that they just try to do too much with each dish. I love creativity, but there is a point where the best chefs stop. 410 too often goes beyond that point. Their signature sauce smothers their steak. It really doesn't enhance the steak's flavor. The grouper we had on the last trip also was drenched in an overly sweet sauce. Sometimes less is better than more, which is not a concept 410 buys into. The desserts are generally very good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank herezaq
Princeton, New Jersey
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is close to our 10th time dining at 410 Bank Street. While I always feel the food is delicious, this time I thought it was PARTICULARLY flavorful. My husband likes the N'Orleans cuisine and says it's the best outside N'Orleans. I had the ceviche which was wonderful and the special scallops/lobster tail entree. Our table, however, was very tight. We were in a corner. Didn't love that part but the food was delish!

• Visited August 2014
Washington, NJ
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I love the food which is both delicious and unique. My favorites are Mako shark, the Bayou oyster stew, and soft shell crabs. In 25 years, I have never had anything less than a scrumptious dinner!

Visited July 2014