“This Place is The BEST!!!”
Review of Cucina Rosa - CLOSED

Cucina Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2006

After reading some of the negative reviews, I felt compelled to add in my opinion. First, I am 100% Italian and usually only eat italian cuisine at home. We tried Cucina Rosa on a whim and I cannot say enough about the palce. The food is EXCELLENT! (The Seafood Fra Diavalo is too die for!!) The portions are enormous and the wait staff is very attentive and knowledgable. We now bring our three children there and they all love it as well. The house wine is not bad, but I am certainly not an expert. If you are, I suggest grabbing a bottle of your favorite wine before you go. Make a reservation and request a table upstairs. We have eaten here for years and have never been disappointed. Remember, any place can have an off night, nothing is perfect and sometimes, sadly, people expect perfection. Please ignore the negative comments, this place is the best. We will be in town this fall and I will be making our reservation as soon as possible. You should too!!!

5  Thank mcmmom

Reviewed 26 July 2006

I vacation in Cape May at least one week per year, usually two, and have eaten at most of the restaurants the town has to offer...especially all the Italian ones (Godmothers, Stumpos, Mangia Mangia etc.)...and Cucina Rosa is by FAR the best! Located at the end of the Washington Street Mall (across from Congress Hall), this gem offers outdoor seating (a must if the weather is nice) and some superb food. My personal favorite is the marinated Lamb Chops...absolutely perfect every time! My girlfriend loves the Chicken Oreganata and the Chicken Portofino...both great dishes too. The only disappointment ever was the lasagna, but we're both pretty picky about our pasta so that doesn't count lol! The Tartufo and the Tiramisu both make for a great finish to your meal. If you like great Italian food at reasonable prices, then do NOT leave Cape May without visiting Cucina Rosa at least once...you WILL go back again!

5  Thank Lust_For_Life
Reviewed 14 July 2006

Just got back from our first visit to Cape May. The desk attendant at the La Mer reccomended Cucina Rosa to us. It was one of the best dining experiences of our lives. Both my wife and my grandparents were from Italy and their Marinara Sauce was onne of the best I have tasted, next to Grandma's. For an appetizer we split an order of mussels marainara, and cleaned up the sauce with their fabolous garlic bread.

Then we had the seasonal salad with the house dressing. Another delightful surprise.

We both had Chicken Portofino one of the house specialties and it did not disappoint.

We finished with a canolli. Very fresh and delicious.

Our server, Cassie made the experience the best. All the servers seemed to be top notch and very friendly.

They also have their sauce and dressing for sale, we took home a few bottles.

We will absolutely eat here every time we come to Cape May.

3  Thank philliesphan1001
Reviewed 29 May 2006

My wife and I dined here during the Memorial Day weekend. While the appetizers and entrees we selected were delicious, the portions were way too large. For anyone staying at an inn or B&B, it would be a waste unless you could bring it back and have it heated later. The tables are close together leaving a romantic candlelight dinner unlikely. The location at the end of the mall makes it convenient to mill about town after dining. If you are famiished and want a good Italian dinner without the fuss and willing to pay over $20 for chicken and pasta, then this is the place for you.

2  Thank TheSaavyTraveler
Reviewed 22 May 2006

My wife and I have dined at Cucina Rosa twice. We both feel that this restaurant is overrated by the Tripadvisor reviewers. Our first meal, which was our wedding anniversary, was decent but nothing memorable. The only thing I remember about that dinner was the rubbery pasta I had. We ate there again last fall, thinking that maybe our anniversary dinner the year before was an exception to the raves that this place has gotten in Tripadvisor. Our second dinner was not good. It started off okay with good garlic bread but our entrees were very disappointing. My wife is of Italian descent and is not normally too picky, but her entree was inedible. She ordered lasagna, and it came out piping hot on the outside but the inside was cold, and I do mean cold. The mozzarella cheese inside hadn't even melted, it was still in shredded chunks. I guess if your idea of great Italian food is the Olive Garden, then this place might be OK. However, if you've ever dined in some of the nicer Italian restaurants you'll find in most big cities (NYC and Philadelphia come to mind for me), then I think you'll be disappointed with this place. It is certainly not the best restaurant in Cape May. In my opinion it is way down the list, and I doubt we'd go back, even if offered a free meal. There are so many better restaurants in Cape May, it would be hard to list them all here.