“Attitude is everything, and this isn't it; I walked out.” 2 of 5 bubbles

George's Place
Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$0 - US$2
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Commack, NY
“Attitude is everything, and this isn't it; I walked out.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

On a Tuesday at about 11am I tried to eat here with my wife. The 'hostess' said it would be a minute to prepare the table. I asked her for change for the parking meter outside. She replied "we don't have a cash register......you can go down the street to get change". I asked 'if you don't have a cash register, does that mean the food is free?' The food may be terrific or it may be terrible, I don't know.... and I never will.

Visited June 2014

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite breakfast places in Cape May. The waffles are awesome...banana nutella...yum! Definitely try...never had lunch or dinner but I would be willing to give it a whirl.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Returned to George's place after a three year absence and found that things had not changed. The combination of good food and reasonable prices make this a great value. We also tried their newer restaurants YB,and Pano.which were equally good. In fact YB had a better reservation policy than Georse's as reservations can be made any time rather than only after 5PM

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glen Arm, Maryland
“Not so impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Heard lots of good things about breakfast at George's but we must have caught it on a bad day. Eggs were anemic looking, pancakes were rubbery, and the hash browns looked as if they came from a frozen package. Coffee and bacon were good though. Waited about 20 minutes outside to be seated

Visited May 2014
“Good grief, I like Greek!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've passed by for four years. Finally, tried it. Should have tried it sooner. This is a small, clean, friendly place with great Greek cuisine. We had the hummus app. Four kinds with pita bread, brought the leftovers with us for a snack back in our room. I had crab cakes, hubby had steak. Both served with best Greek salad. Plenty of food, with some left for our doggy boxes. Also served with orzo. I now know what authentic Greek food tastes like, and I like it!
Will be back, many times, I'm sure.

• Visited May 2014