“MUST TRY!”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on the Beachfront Between Perry and Jackson Street
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The Y.B. is always a great meal no matter what time of day you go! Service is excellent, so is the decor. Will be back frequently. Definitely a must try!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is the second time trying the cuisine of this small and quaint restaurant. Both times it was out of season and both times I am glad I made a reservation. One attraction I had, and apparently the same for many others, is this restaurant is byob. Practically every customer walks in with one or more bottles of wine in carefully chosen wine cases and the servers immediately bring glasses, open your bottle, and pour your first glass. If you have chilled white wine or champagne they put your bottle in a very chilled marble bottle holder to keep it chilled.

Now for the food, there is a good selection of fish which is prepared in some unique ways and a great departure from the usual. I seem to lean towards this entre while my wife leans toward cuts of beef. I tasted her flank steak and it was quite tender and met her degree of doneness.

The food overall is delicious. If I had to issue some criticism it would pertain to lacking salt and pepper. I suspect this is deliberate in an effort to meet the needs of health conscious people seeking to lessen their sodium intake. The bottom line is that if you desire more salt then you can add as much as you like.

I would recommend this restaurant to others and highly suggest bringing your own bottle of wine, or two.

1  Thank CivilEngineer624
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is our go to restaurant in CM. Great reasonable food. When we decided to get married on the beach this summer YB seemed the perfect place to have our small reception (37 guests). Peter, the owner, worked with me to create a custom menu to my liking, and responded quickly to my many emails with questions/requests leading up to the event.

For an extremely reasonable price we had the restaurant to ourselves all night and tons of exceptional food. I even asked if the price was for everything when Peter told me. I couldn't believe it compared to other places I received quotes from in CM. (The fact that it is BYO saved us a lot of money too.)

Our guests raved about the quality and quantity of food and the attentive service. Peter was in the kitchen all night working his magic, his brother (from George's Place) was serving, and two young waiters exceeded my expectations taking care of everyone.

I could not have been happier with the whole event from start to finish. I highly recommend YB for a private event.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

On Saturday night, we decided to try Y.B. Eat Place again. We've had good meals there before. I have to say this was truly an outstanding meal. Started with swordfish tacos as an appetizer - this very tasty app comes with guacamole. The tacos were crunchy and the swordfish was very flavorful. I could make a meal out of these alone. The entree was strips of flank steak that came with duck fat fries with Swiss cheese. The dish was topped with a salsa of diced cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh herbs. The flank steak was tender and delicious. The duck fat fries were pure heaven especially if you ask for a side of dijon mustard in which to dip them. My dining companion enjoyed the sesame crusted tuna which was cooked to perfection. It is so amazing how such a small kitchen, which is visible to diners, can turn out item after item of exceptionally well prepared food. Our waiter, Brandon, was very attentive and professional, anticipating our need for additional water etc. The restaurant is a BYOB and we enjoyed a very nice Ventoux which went well with the steak.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We like George's so decided to give his brother's restaurant a try. The set up was cute, although the chairs are somewhat uncomfortable. The wait staff were pleasant and efficient. We suspected they might not take CC but had to ask. Since many tourists come to town, they should put that on the menu, so people don't have to scramble at the last minute to find cash. Of course the BYOB aspect is nice. The menu was interesting and we were excited, but all of the food was a disappointment. The jalapeño poppers were huge (baseball size) globs of tasteless macaroni and filler deep fried. The topping consisted of salty cooked tomatoes and oddly tasteless jalapeño slices and some cheese. Definitely not worth the calories. The crab cakes were also huge, deep fried balls. There was crab in them, despite a lot of filler, but it tasted "off." The pork chops were so salty, I wonder if they were brined. They also had an odd texture - didn't taste like fresh meat. We often try a restaurant a second time, in case it was an off night, but I can see from other reviews this is probably typical.

1  Thank DonCapeMayBeach