“not the best pizza”

Blue Moon
Ranked #104 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Was hoping for a really good piece of greasy boardwalk like pizza but was disappointed. High price was luke warmed over pizza. I am sure there are better places to get a slice. Disappointing.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Avoid this place if at all possible. I seldom write a negative review; but this place certainly deserves it. While walking around Cape May late in the evening, we were very hungry and hunting for a place to eat. We walked past Blue Moon, and since it was pretty late, we decided to stop in. I mean, how bad could a little pizza place be, right? I think all of the food here is pre-made, then warmed up in a microwave. The pizza was pretty lousy; but the calzones were worse. I do have to say that the salads were very nice looking and not bad tasting. The worst part was the price; whatever “the price” was. The one young fellow working did not seem to understand nor speak English very good. Unfortunately, this seemed to lead to misunderstandings on our order. We ended up getting more than we thought we had ordered (large dinner salads when we expected small side salads). When it came time to pay the bill...there was no actual written bill, just the server/cashier telling us how much we owed. We could not seem to get a clear understanding of how our bills turned out to be so much. This meal cost us more than any of our much better meals while in Cape May. There are many good places to eat in Cape May; this is not one.

1  Thank bcbcbc
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Wanted a quick bite to eat. Ordered fried calamari. I have never seen so few calamari as a serving. It was a single layer on a small plate. Total rip off. They also tasted pasty and chewy. I did not order the pizza. I would never go back. Very disappointed with the price, the food and the atmosphere. So many restaurants in that area very sorry I chose this place.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

$2.95 10 ounce sodas...$4.25 slice of "gourmet" pizza...snarky staff. You have to be hammered to get anything of value here. Only for the drunks. Places like this are the reason people hate coming to Cape May. They ought to at least kiss you first.

1  Thank H T
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This restaurant is on the ocean avenue and is far from fancy. Cute old photos on the wall- nothing special about the décor but the best pizza, we think, in Cape May. Open late and delivery available- Great atmosphere- friendly wait staff- very reasonable in price- great variety of pizza