“Beautiful room and warm hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Rose Inn for the weekend between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Even though it was off-season, it was a wonderful time to visit. The decorations in the sitting room and outside were beautiful. The breakfast was outstanding each morning and the selection was more than enough for both of us to find something we liked both days. The inn is located within walking distance of the shops and galleries and we enjoyed a lovely day of shopping and talking. We also enjoyed an evening in Atlantic City, which was less than an hour drive, but the dinner at the restaurant at the inn looked beautiful too. Justin and Tom made us feel very welcome throughout our visit. We stayed in the Green Room which had a beautiful view out onto the street and towards the shops. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. I would definitely return for another stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shoppingchic

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Blue Rose Inn from Friday December 27, 2013 through Sunday December 29th. As a surprise, I wanted to decorate our room for Christmas. The Inn keepers Tom and Justin were happy to let me bring a dozen poinsettia plants and a small Christmas tree into our lovely room, The Green Room. They even helped us carry everything from and to our vehicle to our room on check-in and check-out day! The breakfasts were outstanding, delicious and very filling - all included in the room price. The Inn has a lovely sitting/gathering room on the first floor, as well as a full, but quaint restaurant. The second and third floors are guest rooms. As you'll see on their website, the rooms are lovely and understated Victorian - not frilly nor lacy. There is strong wireless throughout the building. The Inn is very comfortable and our guest room was warm and very clean. The location is walking distance to Cape May's Washington Street Mall shopping. I highly recommend the Blue Rose Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tvattima
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I decided to try this new restaurant, since it got a good review on Yelp. We were there in October. The staff was constantly asking if everything was ok and were very present throughout the meal. I did not go there to chat with the owners, I went to have a quiet meal with my husband. The food was tasty, but there was not much of it. Even for fine dining, the portions were small for the money. We did not stay at the inn.

3  Thank Diane K
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Recently had dinner there with a party as a party of 4. Our waitress was a little stern although she tried to be polite. Her dish descriptions were sparse compared to what we were hearing from the other tables who had a different waiter. The food was good but on the pricey side and the portions were very small. I had the Roasted Pork Pappardelle . Great dish but the portion resembled a child's dish. Another had the Roasted Chicken. Again very tasty but it consisted of a thigh and leg with fingerling potatoes at $22. The chef, who is the owners son, was exceptionally polite and friendly coming to each table to ask how our food was. He had mentioned that the Blue Rose had a very interesting Sunday brunch. Upon leaving we wanted to make a reservation for next week to go to the brunch. The owner, wearing jeans and carrying a glass of beer, had taken a seat in the living room with some dinners and when told about the reservation said we should call tomorrow. Totally unprofessional! Well as other reviewers have stated, Cape May is a highly competitive restaurant market and The Blue Rose needs to realize that they need to cultivate repeat customers and not the one night stand tourists to stay in business.
There is good potential for this restaurant as the chef is very energetic and loves talking about his dishes and plans for the menu, I wish them well. Please note that I put average for the accommodations because I could not proceed with the review without having entered something although I did not stay at the Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuvsAruba
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed at the The Blue Rose for two nights in September and you can't beat the location. Not far from the beach and Washington Mall area. Sorry for the delay in reviewing but had a wonderful weekend. My wife and I stayed for two nights and we were down for a wedding. We did not get a chance to try the restaurant but hope to the next time we are in the area. The young man who checked us in was extremely helpful and offered excellent customer service. Will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chache47
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here again for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We also stayed here just after they opened in the Spring of 2013 and returned because it was so wonderful then and it was again this time. The location is right in the center of everything happening in town. They are one block from the tourist shops walking mall, three blocks from the boardwalk and Washington Street has many Victorian buildings that have events all the time within walking distance. Everything is totally authentic from the doilies on the end tables to the separate hot and cold faucets in the sinks with the white porcelain bulb on top of the handles with the letter "H" and "C" on the top. The basin has the original rubber plug on a silver chain to plug the basin (Picture included - I remember these sinks as a child). They have hutches of that time period for cloths to be hung inside and original old style furniture throughout the entire Inn everywhere you turn. Everything is Victorian with a ceiling height mirrored hutch in the living room and a ceiling height mirror also in our room The Silver Room that had a spectacular chandelier hanging over the bed. There is original wood finish on everything including the banisters and railings of all three floors of the Inn. They have eight bedrooms and all of the rooms were taken with "No Vacancy" on our weekend there, they were "Full Up". The rose stained glass windows are spectacular to see especially when the sun pokes through them in the mornings and compliment the name of the Inn. The family that runs the place tends to your every need and make your stay enjoyable from start to finish. Justin their Innkeeper is always solving your smallest problem and recommending things to do, places to see and making your stay like being with your own family. The snacks the wonderful kitchen that Mike and Angela put out every afternoon for tea and coffee time hit the spot and are top notch while you sit in their living room and talk with other guests. Accommodations are homey and the bedrooms are kept warm and comfortable by Cortney who sees that the bedding is crisp and every in it's place when you arrive. They have king and queen size beds high off the floor with very smooth sheets and pillow bedding in all of their rooms. The owners Tom and Joan see to all your needs and have done a wonderful job restoring this Inn to it's original state that is now officially a historic building in Cape May. Additionally with the best restaurant in town that is on the premises, you won't have to go far to have a perfect time while you are in Cape May. I highly recommend you stay here for the time of your life while you are on a vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, there is plenty of warmth and the front rooms get more sun than the back rooms w...
1  Thank jdemos
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our 5th Anniversary dinner was so enjoyable. The service was tops. We dropped off a bottle of Proseco and walked a bit. On our return we found our wine table side, chilled. We sat on the porch, lovely. We started with the calamari - very good. I'm a firm believer in eating with your eyes as well as your mouth - presentation of all was very appealing. I am not a chef by no means, but I consider myself a very good cook, and appreciate the details and "little things" that make a meal a celebration. The seared scallops were "to die for" - perfectly seared to form that oh so yummy caramelized crunch and tasty inside. The risotto was just as flavorful. My husband had the pork papparelle - equally yummy - (it's a shame he's allergic to seafood - he's missing out!) We ended our meal sharing an apple crostada with salted caramel - oh soo good! So glad my sister and brother-in-law made this suggestion - this just might be our annual anniversary spot :) 10-3-2013

1  Thank jodann1234