“Another Cape May Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Another Cape May Gem”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

From the minute we arrived until we left we were treated like we were special. The owner personally greeted all the guests. The food was exceptional. We had the mussels for an appetizer they were fresh and prepared well with potato strings on top and a savory sauce with large pieces of fennel. I had the hanger steak which was soft as butter with mushrooms, creamed spinach, and fingerling potatoes. I'm not a mushroom fan but these were so delicious I had to ask the chef how they were prepared. My husband had the scallops which were fresh and succulent served with a risotto. The creme brule for desert was a perfect ending to the meal. The restaurant is a BYOB and has a parking lot. There are two dinning spaces, an indoor porch and a dinning area. My only complaint would be that the dinning area-has too many tables. Otherwise a great dinning experience and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherri H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The food in the restaurant is some of the best food I have eaten anywhere. The brunch is to die for. Make sure you get the donuts and French toast. For dinner I loved everything but most especially the hanger steak. The creme brule and flourless chocolate cake are heavenly. The chefs Michael and Angela are amazing at what they do. Every room in the inn is beautiful; you can't go wrong no matter what room you choose. If you stay, say hi to Justin and Courtney for me (the innkeepers). They really make your stay extra special with their attention to detail and outgoing personalities. I cannot recommend the Blue Rose enough.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank GrimGrinningGhosts
ARDias
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend getaway at the Blue Rose. This was our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast and after reading reviews from other places we decided on the blue rose because they have their own restaurant attached. I like having options to pick from in the morning and most bed and breakfasts you just eat what they serve. Yes, we are picky like that.

Restaurant: The food was amazing! Our first night after check-in we had dinner and boy the flavors were amazing. I chose the crab cakes and my husband opted for the Skirt steak. We were both extremely pleased. Service was great and all of our needs were met. Breakfast was probably the best food I have ever had. The sour cream pancakes are a must! Coffee is served with a french press and the flavor was robust and delicious!

The Inn: We stayed in the Bronze room and loved it. The owners gave us a tour of the entire Inn. Each room has its own charm and very clean. Our room had a flat screen, adorable clawfoot tub. The left little toiletries which were a nice touch (shampoo, bar soap, st.ives face scrub, toothpaste). There were more then enough towels and the rooms have their own blowdryer.

Our bed was extremely comfortable and the owners gave us extra pillows as I am pregnant and needed them.

Owners were there to assist us if we needed anything and it truly felt like home. I have to say for our first time visiting a bed and breakfast I'm glad I chose this place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ARDias
Fort Lee, NJ
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The staff at the Blue Rose will make you feel right at home with their friendliness, warmth, and hospitality. Rooms were nicely furnished and clean. Staff was always available to answer questions. The quality of food at the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner is the best I have experienced in Cape May over the last several visits. The food is beyond fresh and delicious -- the chef has amazing talent -- my taste buds were happy! As far as location, this place is a hop, skip and a jump from the Cape May shopping promenade on Washington Street. Also, right behind the inn is a 2 minute walk to the Acme super market. I highly recommend the Blue Rose Inn for a lovely stay as well as a lovely, unforgettable meal! Thank you Justin and family for a memorable and wonderful stay at your beautiful, cozy establishment. We hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chermar72
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Rose Inn for the weekend between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Even though it was off-season, it was a wonderful time to visit. The decorations in the sitting room and outside were beautiful. The breakfast was outstanding each morning and the selection was more than enough for both of us to find something we liked both days. The inn is located within walking distance of the shops and galleries and we enjoyed a lovely day of shopping and talking. We also enjoyed an evening in Atlantic City, which was less than an hour drive, but the dinner at the restaurant at the inn looked beautiful too. Justin and Tom made us feel very welcome throughout our visit. We stayed in the Green Room which had a beautiful view out onto the street and towards the shops. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. I would definitely return for another stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shoppingchic
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Blue Rose Inn from Friday December 27, 2013 through Sunday December 29th. As a surprise, I wanted to decorate our room for Christmas. The Inn keepers Tom and Justin were happy to let me bring a dozen poinsettia plants and a small Christmas tree into our lovely room, The Green Room. They even helped us carry everything from and to our vehicle to our room on check-in and check-out day! The breakfasts were outstanding, delicious and very filling - all included in the room price. The Inn has a lovely sitting/gathering room on the first floor, as well as a full, but quaint restaurant. The second and third floors are guest rooms. As you'll see on their website, the rooms are lovely and understated Victorian - not frilly nor lacy. There is strong wireless throughout the building. The Inn is very comfortable and our guest room was warm and very clean. The location is walking distance to Cape May's Washington Street Mall shopping. I highly recommend the Blue Rose Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tvattima
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I decided to try this new restaurant, since it got a good review on Yelp. We were there in October. The staff was constantly asking if everything was ok and were very present throughout the meal. I did not go there to chat with the owners, I went to have a quiet meal with my husband. The food was tasty, but there was not much of it. Even for fine dining, the portions were small for the money. We did not stay at the inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple