“Nice new place”

The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Franklin St
“Nice new place”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Was there wih my girlfriend. I liked food and price! I had hanger steak and it was very good. Bread was the best I have ever ate in cape may. Homemade and fresh from the oven. I know this is a new restaurant and have something what makes it don't look like others in Cape May. Waitress was taking good care of us. I agree with all the good reviews here and don't know why someone could not to like it.

Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“Very good time!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Blue Rose on a saturday night in August. We sat inside and had a great time. The food was very good and service was almost perfect.

Only issue was our waitress didn't order the correct entrée for my wife. I chose to wait untill she received what she wanted to eat. The hostesses saw me waiting and apologized, took our appetizer off the check. Even offered to give me another (hotter) steak dinner.

You'd be wise to consider the Blue Rose while in Cap May.

P.S. its BYOB

• Visited August 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Needs work.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I don't understand the other reviews. I find it very suspicious that all of sudden this restaurant went to #1 in cape may after being open for only a few months.

We had brunch here. The food wasn't that great. The decor seems to be halfway thought through. Some of it old and dated (e.g. the fox hunt prints from the 80s), and some of it new and contemporary. The owner wasn't there, but the son-in-law was. Very unprofessional in both appearance and conversation. He was dressed with a ragged tee shirt and shorts, and was bashing Congress Hall to another table.

There are far too many other great places to go in Cape May, I wouldn't waste your time here.

• Visited July 2013
8 Thank Aspotigo
Cornwall on Hudson, NY
“Great quality and service”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Nice atmosphere and good quality food. We had the hangar steak and shrimp pasta dish that was great. Homemade butter with bread on the table. Bring a bottle of wine.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jeff G
“Probably our best meal in Cape May in 5 years!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here Wednesday evening and were very impressed! We were a few minutes late for our 7:30 reservation but were quickly and pleasantly greeted by the owner. We were offered an outside table and quickly greeted by our server. The pace of the service was very good - neither rushed nor slow. The food was excellent. I highly recommend the corn and crab soup. The calamari was also praised by my brother in-law. Two of us had the crab cakes and I had the filet mignon - these were excellent. My sister in-law had the shrimp which she thought were very good but slightly over cooked. Save room for the deserts! Overall an excellent experience. We will return soon!

Visited August 2013