“nice addition”

The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Franklin St
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went to dinner on a midweek night, ordered a few courses. Duck ravioli and the scallop entree's were highlights as well as the doughnuts. Nice downtown location, our server Megan was awesome!! Would recommend for sure!!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It's a must try while in Cape May. A family run Inn and Restaurant, which I love. You can tell by the excellent food and service they are truly passionate about what they do.

My wife and I have been in Cape May on several occasions and was even married there 15 years ago and have never tried The Blue Rose.

We started with the fried calamari, which was not the typical rings, but whole pieces over a small salad, great presentation and flavor. My main dish was a coffee crusted filet mignon, which was cooked to perfection and great flavor. My wife had the scallops which also were prepared with perfection.

Now, the lemon ricotta donuts are a must try. I wish I had some right now.

Give it a try and I know you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank leztark
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Blue Rose is our "special occasion" restaurant, and with good reason. My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here last night. The ambiance was understated, staff were attentive, and meal was perfect. We started with calamari appetizer which was crispy and perfectly cooked. (Calamari fans, you will be delighted at the unique presentation!) I appreciate the seasonal accompaniments to mainstay menu items, like lava beans with the salmon last night (my husband's dinner) and Brussels sprouts with the salmon in the fall. I ordered the scallops, which were expertly prepared and served with risotto, sweet corn and spring peas--yum! French press coffee was delectable. I've ordered their ricotta donuts and cardamom ice cream in the past--they are delicious. I didn't have room for dessert last night, so my husband and I split a scoop of mixed berry sorbet--perfection! You must try The Blue Rose! (Also, if you are there at 6:00pm, share a laugh with your fellow diners at the church bells!)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a lovely time at the blue rose restaurant. We dined out on the front porch and it was perfect. The pork belly app was divine as were the scallops. We ordered the special appetizer of the night which was fresh mozzarella with baby tomatoes and really enjoyed it too. We took the advice of the waitress,who was very efficient , and ordered the lemon ricotta doughnuts. They were a bit odd to me. Don't get me wrong, they were delicious, but would have been more enjoyable at breakfast with coffee or as an afternoon snack with tea. We will definitely go back next time we are in cape may.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had been here many years ago when it was Alexander's. The food then was okay, but the decor was very old and the smell was very musty-I had never gone back again. The reviews of the new Blue Rose, however, made me reconsider and try it. It was a very enjoyable experience. I'm happy to say that the old decor as well as the old musty smell are gone. My boyfriend had the special appetizer of homemade mozzarella and then had the coffee crusted filet., He enjoyed both tremendously. I had the gnocchi for an appetizer. It was okay, but my scallops were cooked to perfection and the risotto that it was on was absolutely delicious. It was probably my favorite meal that I had on vacation. The fact that it is a BYOB I love because it really does cut down on your bill which is good for everyone. This restaurant is definitely worth trying and I do plan on going back the next time I am in town.

1  Thank joanm914