“Excellent Dinner”

The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Franklin St
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We went to the Blue Rose Inn after reading the Philadelphia Inquirer review a few weeks prior. It was a very good review, so we wanted to try it. We were not disappointed. My wife had a Bibb salad to start and I had the Gnocchi. My wife raved about the salad, and my gnocci was also good. It was called Parisienne gnocchi, so it was different than what you might expect. We both got the same entrees, a coffee-rubbed beef tenderloin with a chimichurri sauce. It was very good, very tender. As for dessert we got the chocolate mousse, which is not a typical mousse. It is quite dense and firm, not pudding-like. While on the small side, it was very tasty. My only quip was that service was a little slow, especially since we were early and few people were in there. However, it was worth the wait. The many I assume was the owner asked how we liked everything on the way out, so that is always good and shows they care.

• Visited August 2014

Clifford, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This restaurnt is in a great Victorian house. We ate on the porch which was really nice, the weather was perfect. The mosquitos were biting, but I asked for bug spray and they brought it right over. They also offered citronella candels which we refused.
My daughter is vegetarian and she said her meal was the best of our trip. I had the scallops over risotto and they were awesome.
The only negative was that the horse and buggy ride comes up this street and we always feel sorry for those horses (horse and animal lovers here).
I highly recommend this place, you won't be sorry or hungry!

Visited August 2014
“A tasty treat that's worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at many places in Cape May over the years, but was looking for a more intimate spot to host a special birthday dinner for my father and mother in law back in July. The on line menu looked interesting with enough variety to suit our group of 16.

To me, a shorter menu means the chef is confident in those things being offered - too much variety is always a red flag, except of course at diners. No one in our group was left wanting.

Favorite apps included the calamari salad and crab cake with jicama and avocado mousse, while the coffee & cocoa crusted steak and Barnegat sea scallops top the main dish list. As an aside, my 9 year old said that the roasted chicken and polenta was the best he's ever had and I assure you that he is quite discerning. EVERY dessert we tried was good - the donuts are special for sure, but my coconut creme brulee was a bit unique.

The great thing about staying at the Inn is that unlike the fritatta and muffins fare typically served at other B&Bs, you get a selection of breakfast items included in your rate that rival the dinner menu - homemade bread, properly poached eggs, fingerling potatoes tossed in local honey (great idea), several pancake and waffle options plus the special omelette I had with mornay sauce that rocked. And you don't have to stay at the inn to enjoy the breakfast or brunch.

Service was great overall - Justin and Meghan made our dinner really special. Food delivery was well timed, glasses were kept full and the staff has personality, which always adds to the experience. We ate in the small dining room for dinner and the veranda for breakfast; the porch is nice as well.

Thanks again for a memorable weekend of eating - I've already told many of my friends to come!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Redwine4ever
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Perfect vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great B&B and restaurant.
Room was very classy.
Birthday dinner was fantastic

Thank you Joan - owner, Emma - waiter and Justin - real G.M.

Visited August 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“New to us this year.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We've been vacationing in Cape May for the past five years, but this is the first visit to the Blue Rose Inn. We were greeted on the porch and then seated in a lovely dining room. Our waiter was attentive and funny. I ordered the corn bisque which was sensational and arrived in a heated crock, so it stayed piping hot until the last spoonful. My entre was the seared scallops on a bed of pancetta risotto --- just amazing! My husband had the pâté and the pork chop and he loved both, too. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014