This motel is right on the beach, and if you can get a beach front room it is a bargain for Cape May. The rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. But, if you don't get a beach front room it feels divey and a little isolated being in a room on the first floor. The hotel is however cheap.
Bring food as there aren't any vending machines, which really isn't a big deal. Also, the location is nice and there is parking, but all hotels have parking. They do have grills outside, but I have no idea if they are clean or not. The front desk closes very early off season like by 4:00 pm. There is an emergency number though. The rooms were clean, but the the lights outside of the room were filthy. They were all full of bugs and really needed to be cleaned. It was actually pretty gross.
The feel of the hotel is a little bit snippy. They have a note in the room that if you feel the need to use all of the pillows put the ones with the shams behind the other ones. It's absurd. And they have signs about no sand in the room, equally absurd when you are staying by the beach.
They know they are cheap, so if you think because you are a repeat guest that you'll get anything special like a thank you for coming you won't. Check out is at 10 am which is crazy and you better be out by 10 on the dot, no exceptions. Period.
For the peak season the place is cheap. Off season though I don't think I would stay again and probably stay at a place a little more updated with a staff that is on a little longer even if it cost me some more money.
It really depends what you want. If you want to save a bunch of money then it's worth it. But if it's a matter of 50 dollars between a few people, well then I wouldn't say it's worth it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buckingham Motel is an oceanfront getaway location that provides affordable rooms with a full range of amenities. Our location allows you to take advantage of Cape May's sparkling white sand beaches, entertaining local seashore activities, quaint historic surroundings, and gourmet eateries. Our commitment to you, our valued customer, and Cape May shines through in all of our services, including our meticulous attention to details and all of our amenities. It is always our top priority to provide you with hospitable service in order to make your stay in beautiful Cape May as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. At The Buckingham Motel, we are here to cater to your every need and look to be a vacation destination for you and your family for years to come! If you, your family and friends are looking for motels in NJ or beach motels with breathtaking views at affordable rates, please get in touch with our friendly staff at The Buckingham Motel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Buckingham Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckingham Motel Cape May, New Jersey
- Buckingham Hotel Cape May