“Best place in cape may.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Summer Station Hotel
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We love summer station! Great size rooms, perfect location to everything, staff is very friendly. We've stayed there for 4-5 years in a row, will never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank andreagw1978

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I just got back from my first trip to the Cape and I have to say, I had a pretty good time. Me, my wife and 13 month old stayed at Summer Station from a recommendation from a friend and was overall quite pleased. The hotel parking first off is tight underneath the hotel itself. So trying to get a small child out of a car seat without whacking the car next to me was sometimes a feet but nothing that ruined my stay. When we checked in our room was ready and we were given our keys. The room itself was ok. Could use some updated furniture however. Did also see a couple ants around the countertop and mild mildew in shower corner. Again, things that make my stay a little less pleasurable but not make me complain. The beds however, were very loud and not too comfy.
So I guess that covers some of the not so hot topics but there we're an equal amount if good things. The location was great. Beach right across the street so no packing everyone in the car finding a spot and paying to feed the meter. There is also a walkway (not an actual boardwalk) which was great for an evening stroll with my wife and child in the stroller. There were good restaurants within walking distance including one right next door. There is a small pool onsite which I didn't visit but looked ok. The staff was helpful at the desk and you can tell its more of a family business by the people you seea behind it. Overall we had a great stay. But honestly, I think it was the actual town that made our trip great and having a pretty good hotel just made it more pleasurable.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank steverlsw
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I just returned from a week at Summer Station. Our stay was fantastic. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well stocked. The amenities can't be beat. We all end up talking at the pool while the children swim and everyone agrees Summer Station has it all -- location, view, pool, daily housekeeping service, washer/dryer, internet, parking, price, and a great staff. When I saw a negative review online, I couldn't understand why. I've been staying at the Summer Station for over 20 years. I've tried B&B's, a few other hotels, and house rentals in Cape May. I have never had a better hotel experience for a family than Summer Station offers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank capemaylin
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My family has been staying here every year for at least 16. The location is perfect...great to hear the waves breaking from your bedroom and getting to and from the beach couldn't be more convenient. Love the cleaning staff and maintenance personnel...they are very responsive. Kitches and bathrooms are updated and new super king bed in the master is appreciated.
Here are my suggestions for improvements: carpet cleaning needs to happen way more often...ours was pretty disgusting this year, new living room furniture...honestly the end tables are about to fall apart and some kind of door for the 2nd "bedroom/den". I felt sorry for the cleaning staff. They were short staffed and seemed extremely busy all the time.
This is a good place for families with young children who don't want to spend a ton of money eating out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AnnDelaware
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I admit that I am a hotel snob. I had never stayed here before and didn't have anything but reviews to go off of. I was so happy with this place. Especially this year since we have a one year old, it worked out great for us. We had two bedrooms, a brand new kitchen, washer/dryer and family room area with a TV. She had her privacy and we had ours. My ONLY complaint: there were berger rugs and the main areas were pretty dirty. My daughter is not walking yet so the tops of her feet were just gross. Other than that this place was great and perfect location.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank littleslilypad
SummerStation, Manager at Summer Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2011

Thanks for your review we are glad we were able to accommodate you. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2011

Stayed at Summer Station over Christmas and again in January, 2011 for a Coast Guard graduation. Both times, the staff was more than helpful and the accomodations were great. Prepared a full Christmas dinner in the unit; all the appliances were new. Came back a couple weeks later for a Coast Guard graduation and stayed in another unit. Equally nice! This hotel is supportive of Coast Guard families and I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank CoastieMom_11
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We made a reservation 1 month ago. This morning we found out about a death in our family and were not able to make it to Cape May this weekend. I called the hotel to cancel my reservation and the 80 year old woman behiend the desk was rude and not empathetic at all. She transfered me to the General Manager who was even worse! he refused to refund our money and said to me its not my problem you had a death in your family! I will never stay at this place again they were rude and didnt care about my circumstance.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple