“First time staying here...will be back”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Summer Station Hotel
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Pa
“First time staying here...will be back”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked a room at the Summer Station after I couldn't get a room at another place we had stayed..I was very happy with my decision. The location was perfect. We walked everywhere. The room was very nice and just big enough for my husband, myself and our 3yr old. I do agree with others that said the carpets were dirty. Our feet were black by the end of the night but we didn't spend a ton of time in the room. Otherwise the room was clean and well kept. The pool area was nice. We loved swimming especially our daughter. The staff was friendly. We will definitely be back next summer but will go for an oceanfront room next time.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Nursebearsy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Summer station for 4 nights. You get all the perks of renting a condo without having to commit to an entire week long rental. We stayed in unit 309 which was very clean upon check in and had a just cleaned smell . My only complaint is that we did find 2 ant traps in the condo and any food dropped onthe carpet inevitably attracted ants. Management could have done a better job of informing us of this as we have 2 small children who would have played with the traps had we not spotted them first. Maintenace and cleaning staff were friendly. Pool area is clean with plenty of seating. The hotel is within walking distance to many of the great shops and restaurants Cape May has to offer. Overall a good experience. Will definately return.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank crnj11
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I used to absolutely love this place and looked forward to staying here each summer with my wife and child. The location is great and the units were updated several years ago. Sadly, after many years of coming to Cape May and staying at Summer Station we will have to take our business elsewhere. Based on the reviews I have seen recently and my own personal experiences last summer management has not taken the complaints about dirty carpets seriously. The bottoms of our socks were black and we had to put sheets on the floor because we didn't want our toddler on the floor. I know for a fact we mentioned this to management and friends of ours also complained. It's really disappointing that the same complaints are still showing up a year later. We used to absolutely love this place.

Room Tip: If you can get an oceanfront room and stay on the third or fourth floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Ed W
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2013

the layout was great for our family - my husband, his son, his son's fiancé, their 7 month-old baby boy, and myself...1 small "den" with 2 twin beds, 1 master bedroom with a queen sized bed and its own bathroom..there was another bathroom outside of our room, a washer/dryer, and a nice kitchen. Living room/kitchen layout was nice & spacious, and our deck was like a porch, since we were on the 1st floor. Only 2 drawbacks - my husband didn't find the bed comfortable-too soft for him, and the "free Wi-Fi" did not connect even after 20 + attempts. We learned that no hotel in Cape May is allowed to give beach passes to guests-everyone must pay $6 a head to get onto the sand (at least where the lifeguards are), but since it was a chilly weekend for Memorial Day it wasn't a major issue for us.

Room Tip: check the online room layouts - click the rates link.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Milltown, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I cannot believe how dirty the carpets were. So dirty that we had to throw out 2 pairs of socks because they were black. Those carpets really need to be shampooed. I had my two little kids with me and didn't even want them playing on the floor.

The bathroom was clean, but the shower head looked like it was going to fall off and the water pressure was way too hard.

The location was great since we were right on the beach. Too bad the room wasn't what we expected. It was room number was 304. It was also right by the stairwell which made for a terrible night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank taraw0503
Albany, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Summer Station has everything you need for a nice family vacation; from beautiful ocean views to fun poolside rooms. I have been visiting Cape May for about 15 years and believe Summer Station to be our ideal vacation destination. They are centrally located between the Cove and the Mall with the best beach right acroos the street. Walking distance to coffee shops and restaurants, mini-golf and arcades for the kids and plenty of beach shops to spend time in when the beach or pool get to be too much. Rooms are clean, cozy and spacious where you never feel like your tripping over your family whether your watching TV, cooking in the kitchen, or sleeping in. The staff there is very accomodating, quick to react, and very courteous. We have stayed at other Cape May condos and for a price comparison, Summer Station definately has the best to offer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Matawan
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We have been staying at Summer Station for many years. We have always had excellent customer service,prompt and efficient maid service, and very clean and comfortable rooms with a beautiful ocean view (right across from the ocean). It's a great place to stay if you enjoy eating at your convenience with a full kitchen at your disposal allowing you to avoid the long lines to dine in Cape May, especially in season. Within walking distance to everything, including the sunset at the end of the block with the lighthouse in the background. A ritual and a must do for those that love Cape May, locals and tourists alike. Would not consider staying anyplace else! My husband and I consider it a home away from home.

Room Tip: Would try to get the oceanfront suites if you can. Nothing like enjoying your morning coffee or even...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple