“Convenient but a bit Pricey!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Summer Station Hotel
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Convenient but a bit Pricey!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at the Summer Station Hotel in Cape May for a Family Reunion. It was nice since there were some central areas to meet. We had nice views from our beachfront room.

Be advised the elevators only operate certain hours so if you need to leave early with luggage you will need to be aware you will be carrying down the stairs.

Room Tip: Nice views from the oceanfront rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peppygal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have stayed at Summer Station many times and can't say enough good things about it. The location is great, across from the beach and you can walk to anywhere in town. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. The pool is well maintained and always clean. It is well worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I accidentally discovered the Summer Station Hotel when my family and I decided to extend our Cape May vacation through the 4th of July weekend. I was staying in a different hotel but could not extend my stay there because nothing was avaiable. In fact, I could not get a reservation anywhere else either because it was one of the busiest vacation weeks in Cape May. Fortunately, when I contacted the Summer Station Hotel they had one unit still available for the dates I wanted.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the very friendly and courteous front desk attendant, who was able to accomodate me with an early check in.

My unit was on the third floor with a very nice ocean view. There were 2 bedrooms (one is considered a den) a spacious living/eating area and a nice kitchen. The bedrooms were also spacious and the beds were very comfortable.

There was one bathroom in our unit which was very clean. My only issue here was I found the pressure in the shower to be a bit too strong. After the first day, I figured our how to dial it down a lttle and that seemed to help.

The overall cleanliness of our unit was very good. I had no issues. I have read how some other guests have found the carpets to be dirty, however, this was not the case for me. There was a notice left in the room asking guests not to apply sun tan lotions and sprays within the unit, as this would soil the rugs. I thought this was a reasonable request. If this is a practice which you would not do in your own home, you should not do it anywhere else either.

The pool is located off the second floor. While it is not overly large, it was very nice. There is also a sun deck area and gezebo where you can go to sit in the shade.

In terms of the location, this hotel is directly across from the beach and within walking distance of most of Cape May, so once you arrive you don't really need your car for much.

One slight issue for us was that there was there is a bar directly next door to the hotel. On the night of July 4th, there was a crowd at this bar which was spilling outside. As a result, it was a bit noisy until about midnight. After that it quieted down and we had no further issues.

Overall, I think Summer Station is an excellent choice for families that want more of a condo versus a traditional hotel room. As a result, the rates here are somewhat higher than a standard hotel but definitely less expensive than most of the other condo rentals.

I highly recommend this hotel. In fact, I have already reserved my stay here for next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Al T
Pa
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked a room at the Summer Station after I couldn't get a room at another place we had stayed..I was very happy with my decision. The location was perfect. We walked everywhere. The room was very nice and just big enough for my husband, myself and our 3yr old. I do agree with others that said the carpets were dirty. Our feet were black by the end of the night but we didn't spend a ton of time in the room. Otherwise the room was clean and well kept. The pool area was nice. We loved swimming especially our daughter. The staff was friendly. We will definitely be back next summer but will go for an oceanfront room next time.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Nursebearsy
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Summer station for 4 nights. You get all the perks of renting a condo without having to commit to an entire week long rental. We stayed in unit 309 which was very clean upon check in and had a just cleaned smell . My only complaint is that we did find 2 ant traps in the condo and any food dropped onthe carpet inevitably attracted ants. Management could have done a better job of informing us of this as we have 2 small children who would have played with the traps had we not spotted them first. Maintenace and cleaning staff were friendly. Pool area is clean with plenty of seating. The hotel is within walking distance to many of the great shops and restaurants Cape May has to offer. Overall a good experience. Will definately return.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank crnj11
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I used to absolutely love this place and looked forward to staying here each summer with my wife and child. The location is great and the units were updated several years ago. Sadly, after many years of coming to Cape May and staying at Summer Station we will have to take our business elsewhere. Based on the reviews I have seen recently and my own personal experiences last summer management has not taken the complaints about dirty carpets seriously. The bottoms of our socks were black and we had to put sheets on the floor because we didn't want our toddler on the floor. I know for a fact we mentioned this to management and friends of ours also complained. It's really disappointing that the same complaints are still showing up a year later. We used to absolutely love this place.

Room Tip: If you can get an oceanfront room and stay on the third or fourth floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Ed W
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2013

the layout was great for our family - my husband, his son, his son's fiancé, their 7 month-old baby boy, and myself...1 small "den" with 2 twin beds, 1 master bedroom with a queen sized bed and its own bathroom..there was another bathroom outside of our room, a washer/dryer, and a nice kitchen. Living room/kitchen layout was nice & spacious, and our deck was like a porch, since we were on the 1st floor. Only 2 drawbacks - my husband didn't find the bed comfortable-too soft for him, and the "free Wi-Fi" did not connect even after 20 + attempts. We learned that no hotel in Cape May is allowed to give beach passes to guests-everyone must pay $6 a head to get onto the sand (at least where the lifeguards are), but since it was a chilly weekend for Memorial Day it wasn't a major issue for us.

Room Tip: check the online room layouts - click the rates link.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family