“Love Lake Laurie!!!”
Review of Cape May KOA

and 1 more site!
Cape May KOA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Wow!! I must admit I had to check twice when I read these reviews!!! we have stayed here numerous times over the past 4-5 years!!! We have NEVER had problem there!!! Ok, some of the roads were alittle bad, but we used the bathhouses and found them to be clean and in working order....Our only complaints: 1 Dumpstation for all those trailers (and when we first went there we were charged to use it!!!!) and the fact that they wanted to charge me for a full day because we were there 15 minutes prior to check-in time!! Other than that, love it and will continue to go back!!! We found the seasonal people to be quite friendly and if it wasn't for Linda, who worked there never would have gotten into that last site!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lois H
There are newer reviews for Cape May KOA

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The place was not clean when we arrived. Very disappointed. Also, the rv hookups were very strange. No covers on the sewer hook ups and electric was on the wrong side. We were looking forward to staying but not happy with the model when we arrived. The place appeared to be clean but after looking around it was dirty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Kitty914
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Having been a seasonal for close to 15 years, it is wonderful to see the campground being polished and brought back. I love Lake Laurie and would never leave no matter how badly the previous company abused the campground. Sites are shaded, the look eclectic ( no cookie cutter sameness), and the majority of campers good neighbors. There have certainly been issues, however Sun has been outstanding in addressing the problems. Our manager is extremely professional, always courteous, communicates on a regular basis and despite his hectic schedule will take the time to chat and listen to you. The naysayers, please stay away. We need customers who will respect and appreciate what we have and what our new company is accomplishing. To the seasonals - please help keep our beautiful camp what it can be. People who abuse and destroy our campground need to be identified and the matter handled. To Jerry and our new owners- thank you for all that you do and good luck in all that you are facing.

Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank ddekay70
Reviewed 20 August 2013

As a 6 year seasonal I have seen HUGE improvements with the campground and the staff is awesome. The Lake BBQ was the highlight of my weekend and like another reviewer I have no idea what is wrong with sjannmarie. First, I first hand witnessed Chuck constantly checking his food temperatures with a cooking thermometer. I am sure if he saw anything he didn't like, he would not have served it. Secondly, have you ever heard of a smoke ring? That is the "pink" that was in all the meats. Third, I heard him ask someone to empty and refill his bucket that he was using to wash his hands constantly. Perhaps your evening on the toilet was caused from alcohol and not food. The fact that he ran out of rolls (which his wife went up to the camp store to buy more of) and ribs is generally a sign that everything was great. I REALLY hope that Lake Laurie hires Chuck on to host more fabulous food events. Perhaps he could even run their snack stand.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank momof2boys05
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for Fourth of July weekend. We have a somewhat large family and stayed in the brand new, and beautiful cabins. We just happened to be the first people to stay in these cabins. I must say for the price, location, and holiday it was a perfect fit. They covered every detail in these cabins. We were quite spoiled going "camping" when we had a stunning cabin. Just remember about the water smell. (Like Eggs) Since they are going through renovations we tried to keep that in mind. Their office was not fully finished, or the game room(which would have been great for the kids). It was a bit crowded in the lake and the pool. I would give this place another try maybe not on a holiday. The staff was great and very accommodating. All in all, a great family vacation with wonderful memories and laughs.

Room Tip: Get a cabin!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

As a 7 yr seasonal I can say things are definitely improved this year. What I don't understand is SJannmarie's review of the lake bbq. I was there, ate the same food as everyone else, and the only negative reaction I had was based on the fact I only have 1 stomach. This was easily the best bbq Chuck has done. Nobody I know had any problems with their meals. Maybe this other reviewer should learn a little more about bbq'd meats before complaining about the pink. Just saying. Keep up the good work Lake Laurie and Chuck. You have turned the corner and are my preferred shore destination.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

In spite of the horrific reviews we considered staying here. We proceeded online to book however requested a call back to discuss because of our lengthy 42 foot 5th wheel. Never got a call. Sent some local friends to "check it out" and were informed there was NO WAY it was going to work for us - so we called (3 days prior to arrival) to cancel. I was told on the phone "there would probably be a cancellation fee but she didn't know how much it would be" (never heard that one before). Well as you guessed it we were charged for the ENTIRE booking. Submitted a request for a call back. Never got a call. Contacted them again and was told their policy is to charge at booking and then send a refund check back to the purchaser's address. Never got a check. A month later we are still dealing with it. Their policies are ambiguous and the campground is blaming their corporate offices and their corporate offices say it's the campground. Buyer BEWARE!! This place does not have it's act together whatsoever.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends