“The place is looking great!”
Review of Cape May KOA

Cape May KOA
Lindenwold, New Jersey
“The place is looking great!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been a seasonal camper for 8 yrs and have been through the bottom of the barrel to the top top of the mountain! In just about 2 yrs Sun has turned this place around, it's clean, staff is so friendly and willing to help, pool is clean with GOOD chairs, new snack bar that has good food that doesn't take and hour, bath houses have been remodeled, and it's just a great place to go to again, like your reborn again! I would like to see them go to just a seasonal park because 4th of July the place was like a zoo! I am glad people want to come in and spend their money but I watch these people with their dogs come in and they don't clean up after them, they speed down the road like it's a drag strip speed bump to speed bump, and what they do to the bath houses is pathetic!

Room Tip: If your coming to destroy OUR (seasonal) home, please do us all a favor and stay home!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank unhappycamperinNJ

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a nice campground that is putting lots of money in to make improvements. They just added a trampoline and slide to the lake that my kids loved. Activity center is new. Rec hall needs to be updated yet. Bathhouse could be cleaned more frequently and sites need work as they have a lot of debris from trees and dirt but I saw some gravel so I bet that will be coming. Excellent staff!! Close to wildwood and cape may!!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank KristaReed
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in a cabin ( Me and my 2 boys ages 11 & 13). The cabin was very nice. It was the one with 2 bedrooms. We didnt experience any noise issues. It is conveiantly located about 10 minutes to Wildwood beaches It is close to supermarkets, drug store, fast food, and Kmart.

We used the pool one day. It was clean and had plenty of seating. The lake looked nice but never go to it.

The people who work their are friendly and even reopened the store for us to get firewood.On the weekends it is packed with seasonal families.

My only suggestions are to keep the store and office open later during the week for vactioners. I would also have someone on staff who knows about the area. I asked about the Vineyards and no one knew much about them.

We would come back again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Rochelle H
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lake Laurie is a comfortable, clean RV park with cabin rentals. We went a cabin which was clean, comfortable and a good price. It was located between both sites we wanted to explore Cape May and Wildwood, NJ. We also enjoyed the on-site lake and pool. I was pleased with the campground cleanliness and the friendly staff. It would have been nice to have a trolley to the beach though.

Room Tip: the beach is about 5 miles away to Cape May and you must pay to go on the beach and about 8 miles fr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank like2travelondcheap
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family recently stayed at Lake Laurie Campground in Cape May, NJ from July 3rd to July 6th, 2014 and I wanted to let you know that it was the worse experience my family ever had. We usually stay at Seashore Campsites (have been camping there for the past 8 years) and we love it there. Unfortunately they were booked so we had to stay at Lake Laurie. We booked our site back in March, we have a 25 foot travel trailer and told them that we needed a full hook-up site with 30amp service. The day before we were supposed to leave for our vacation we were told that the site that they were putting us on only had 20amp service. They told my husband that they could move us to a 30amp site but we wouldn’t have full hook-up so we would have to be pumped out every day. The day we arrived they tried to give us a site that was meant for tents (not trailers) and the whole area was under construction. They were cutting down trees and there was dirt piles everywhere. We couldn’t even get our trailer down the road. My husband then had to drive around with a worker at the campground to find a suitable spot for our trailer. After about 45 minutes of driving around we finally found a spot. When we checked-in we were given a sheet with the rules and regulations of the campground that we were required to sign. One of the rules was quiet time between the hours of 10pm and 8am. Another rule was excessive drinking and excessive rowdiness and disturbances. Well let me just say that the partying that went on until after 1:00am in the morning and people walking around with alcohol and bullhorns and people were letting off fireworks (which were also prohibited) was absolutely disgusting. I have never stayed at a place where people so openly disobey the rules that are in place and there was no security driving around whatsoever. You couldn’t even call someone to complain and you had to go all the way to the security gate to talk to someone. The only bright side to our stay at this campsite was the lake and the kayaking. The pool was cloudy and dirty. There are no trash cans around for trash. You had to walk your own trash to the dumpsters that were not conveniently located.

I will never come back to this campground and I will definitely not recommend this campground to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
19 Thank Jacqueline N
Kelly S, Public Relations Manager at Cape May KOA, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Jacqueline,

We’re sorry about your experience at Lake Laurie and thank you for providing us with your feedback. Our top priority is to provide a safe, family-friendly environment for all of our guests, and we are making every effort to ensure that this does not happen again.

Enhancement projects are currently underway at the resort to upgrade more sites to offer full hookup accommodations. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused your family.

It is our hope that you and your family will visit us again to see all the completed renovations and improvements regarding the enforcement of our rules and regulations.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Travellers are raving about these Cape May hotels

Bensalem pa
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am spending this 4th of July weekend here as I was referred by a friend. This is our first of several nights. Well my friend must have stayed on the camper side and not the tent side. Blaring Spanish music all day-okay I can deal with it, but after 12am through the night not so much.
I was told upon entering that quiet time is at 10pm and strictly enforced. Yeah right. People are still arriving to set up and it's almost 1am.
And they are by no means trying to be polite.
They are yelling across
The sites and making so much commotion my kids haven't been able to sleep. Smashing glass bottles, Games and music and barking dogs and screaming and again it's almost 1am. I will be asking for the rest of my trip to be refunded so I can get out of here in the morning and if not I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and notifying everyone I know on social media to stay away from this place. This place sucks! And the shame of it is it seems pretty clean and many activities to do during the day.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Thisroot
Dear Thisroot,

We sincerely apologize that your experience at Lake Laurie did not meet your expectations. The safety of our guests is our number one concern and our main goal is to provide a safe, fun and family-friendly environment for all of our guests to enjoy. We are making every effort to ensure that this does not happen again.

We always strive to provide each guest with outstanding customer service and a friendly atmosphere, so our guests can relax and enjoy their time with us. It is our hope that you and your family will visit us again and let us know how we’re doing with better enforcement of our rules and regulations.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have been spending our summers at Lake Laurie for 28 years, first with my parents and their awesome neighbors and their families, until we bought our own trailer and florida room in 1997, along with our children and now their children. I have to say Sun RV and the management team Susan and Ray, and their staff, have been always friendly and helpful with all questions and concerns. They have made so many improvements here, it's great! To address the restroom/bath pictures, we were out of propane one morning and I ran over to the bath house enjoyed a hot shower, new and very clean. If you love camping and want a fun, clean and safe, family place to make memories along with a nice ocean breeze and friendly people, and many things to do, check out the new Lake Laurie! A Big Thank You, to Susan and Ray, their staff and SunRV for making our 2014 season the Best yet!

Room Tip: Brand New Villas to Rent! They look very nice, families were having a great time!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Montreal Beach Resort
#9 of 37 in Cape May
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House

Been to Cape May KOA? Share your experiences!