The property itself is nice..Rusty Nail, Fire Pit, Music...but the room was so bad! As soon as we walked through the door the "mildew" smell was over whelming! The furniture was gross, the bathroom was so small you felt like you were on a ship! the drawers in the bathroom and bedroom didn't open (warped) there was NO phone, NO alarm clock in the bedroom. Set up was weird, there was a sink in the bedroom. Towels were rough, bedding was okay if you overlooked the dead mosquito on the duvet. In the morning my husband killed a huge thousand legger bug in the bedroom and I saw a smaller one run behind the mirror!! by the sink! COULDN'T GET OUT OF HERE FAST ENOUGH! This was the WORST $200+ dollars we EVER spent on 1 night. They should be ASHAMED of themselves to charge this much for a room!! Front desk was helpful in finding us other accommodations at their other property the Sand Piper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Shack is a fresh, new, fun alternative for beachfront vacations. You will feel comfortable wearing your flip flops all day long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Beach Shack reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Shack Hotel Cape May
- Beach Shack Cape May, New Jersey