We did an extended weekend at the beach shack... we opted for the family suite with a bedroom for the my wife and I and a pull out sofa for our 8 year old. The room had a decent mini fridge, microwave and TV. Loved walking across the street to the beach concierge service where for a smile and a small tip the beach boys set up your umbrellas and chairs. We splurged for a cabana, but in the end you get more breeze and closer to the ocean with the umbrella and chair. Food service on the beach is expensive but its the same food as you get from the Rusty Nail and tasty. Also note - no booze on the Jersey beach - some folks around us we're cheating but we choose to wait until happy hour.
The drawbacks - air conditioning was a simple wall unit and it huffed and it puffed and barely cooled the room. Also my wife and I wanted to close the door to the family room (wink - it was vacation), but then the AC flow to the family room was shut off, drawing complaints from the 8 year old. Overall I liked the relaxed, laid back vibe - but this is much more casual and rough than Congress Hall up the street. Service was up to snuff for a place owned by the Congress Hall folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Shack is a fresh, new, fun alternative for beachfront vacations. You will feel comfortable wearing your flip flops all day long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Shack reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Shack Hotel Cape May
- Beach Shack Cape May, New Jersey