“GREAT STAFF BIG TOWELS BEACH CHAIRS”
Review of Beach Shack

Beach Shack
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 4 August 2009

My hunsband,myself, and our 6 yrs old grandson stayed there july 23-july 26 2009, on July 23 we had a first floor room and around 1 am there was a loud pounding on our door alerting us to leave there was a fire in the building. we all got out safely due to the staff quick action. the staff provided us with bottles of water, coffee, tea and cereal for the kids. the rusty nail staff allowed us to use their resaturant until we could return to our room. we had the choice of staying or relocating to another hotel. . we decided to stay and were relocated to another first floor room for the rest of our stay. and they did deduct that night off our bill. the staff was great. they have lounge chairs with fluffy towels on the beach for our use. the pool was clean and had lounge chairs around it. the food at the rusty nail was very good and a casual relaxed atmosphere. we would definately stay there agan.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank defran

Reviewed 3 August 2009

Typical beach front motel--The good: beautiful view, pool staff ran to provide towels and umbrellas, they provide free chairs, umbrellas, and towels at the beach also, the room linens are new/new mattress.
The bad: I think during the renovation they forgot the bathrooms. Our shower was scalding and the knob fell off. We did complain and received a small room credit, which I thought was fair. The renovation is not quite complete, so you do see construction workers zip in and out.
The pool: Great for kids--lots of kids---, but for those without kids wanting to relax, probably not going to happen.
Overall--the view was worth it!

Reviewed 30 July 2009

Since I haven't stayed at the hotel I cannot review the property, but I just thought I would post to advise potential guests to just do a little research first. I had reservations at the hotel, and then an internet search by my husband turned up a scary result. On 7/25/09 there was a five alarm fire at the hotel that burned for two hours and affected 13 hotel rooms. Upon calling the hotel to ask why this wasn't mentioned when I had just confirmed my reservation earlier that afternoon, I was told that only 4 rooms were affected and they were off market so there was no need for concern. The newspaper article in the Atlantic City Press however said it was 13. We have cancelled our reservation, and perhaps that was an overreaction, but I think that this potential concern might be of interest to others. I would suggest maybe just contacting the hotel to get more details before booking.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2009

small bathrooms but plush linens
awesome umbrella, chair and towel service at beach.....
helpful and friendly staff
Rusty Nail nice for early evening entertainment and cocktails

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
#11 of 37 in Cape May
Sandpiper Beach Resort
Sandpiper Beach Resort
#12 of 37 in Cape May

Been to Beach Shack? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Beach Shack

Address: 205 Beach Ave, Cape May, NJ 08204
Region: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Cape May County > Cape May
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
#15 On the Beach Hotel in Cape May
Price Range: £90 - £213 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Beach Shack 3*
The Beach Shack is a fresh, new, fun alternative for beachfront vacations. You will feel comfortable wearing your flip flops all day long. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beach Shack reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Beach Shack Hotel Cape May