The Stockton Inns
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$128
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$124
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$192
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$249
Official Site
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$142
The Virginia Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$148
TripAdvisor
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$132
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$180
Travelocity
Periwinkle Inn(Cape May)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationmini golfsun deckwalking distancevictorian houseconvention centerfront porchlocated directlyshops and restaurantsclean roomsbeach avenuesecond flooroffice staffmotor lodgegreat place to staybeach access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the manor, the big old 3 story house next to the hotel. It was just what I wanted. Old fashioned but totally met our needs. I opted for a smaller, less pricey room with a spectacular view and got just that. My husband called it "the closet" but we don't need a room for much more than sleeping, changing and showering. The weather was spectacular so we were on the go. The room was clean, the bathroom had ample room and great water pressure, important with my long hair. The closet was big enough, we had a small sitting area and a refrigerator. The window looked right out to the beach and ocean. We were on the second floor and FYI, no elevator, but not many steps. Not a problem at all. Outside our room was a nice sitting area that I enjoyed during the stay to read and people watch and we were treated to a beach wedding right in front of us. I would stay there again in a minute. The Manor is very close to everything too, walking distance to bars, restaurants, breakfast, lunch and next to a mini golf. Great place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Slam2u2
Reviewed 5 September 2012

However, if you care about a musty room..then you probably would look elsewhere. We did have the "air machine" for a few hours and it did help, however, that rug needs to be replaced. Since I am allergic to mold I am now on an antibiotic.
As for the sundeck being right off our room, I would never ever do that again Maybe you even pay extra for that piece of real estate, but everyone and their brother and kids try to congregate right outside your room. You could never open a window or the drapes..people were waving to us thru the window..
I think they need to reconfigure the amount of chaise lounges located around the pool..I think 8 and maybe 15 reg chairs along the railing..4-5 more on your very own sundeck with another table and assorted others chairs and side tables on the open deck. Considering you are trying to accommodate the pool for the motel and the inn..
We were very disappointed in our room and would not return ever. We have stayed in just about every place on Beach Ave and I have to admit this falls short of anything we expected. Location in this case is not everything if you don't mind everyone congregating outside your window. It's a great location for everything else.
Staff friendly and helpful.

3  Thank Noreen C
Brian G, General Manager at The Stockton Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for your comments. Your thoughts are very important to us. I am sorry to hear you were unhappy during your stay at The Stockton Inns. Our focus is to provide our guests the most clean, safe and comfortable accommodations in a friendly atmosphere on the Cape May beachfront. After reading your review, I personally inspected your room and found no evidence on musty smell in the furnishings or carpet. Since your room had just recently been refurnished with all new furniture, bedding and carpet, your determination was puzzling. As a precaution, the air conditioning unit was replaced with a new unit and the old unit has been sent to maintenance for disassembly and cleaning. Polling of subsequent guests has been positive with no mention of the odors you described. I’m sorry you were also displeased with the location of your room. Our sundeck deluxe efficiencies are our most requested room, specifically for the convenient access to this common area. Had you mentioned you were uncomfortable with the location, we would have been more than happy to move you to another room. At that time we had accommodations available in the Stockton Manor, where there are center halls entrances and the only thing you would see outside your window is the ocean. Again, I am sorry we did not meet you expectations.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The hotel was awesome. Very old fashioned in decor but had up to date ammenities. The staff was wonderful and so where most of the guests that we mingled with. It has a huge wrap-around porch with old fashioned rocking chairs and you can just sit and watch the beach or entertain yourself by watching the golfers on the miniature golf course on site. Would definetely go back again.

Room Tip: I think any room in the Manor house would be and excellent choice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here 3 nights August 16 thru the 19th. Picked it out from reviews from trip advisor and because they had one room left one week prior to travel. The room was a deluxe efficiency, very clean enough room for two adults and six year old. Great location walk across the street to beach, sun deck was great. Pool was clean and big wish it stayed open longer would have been nice if we good take a swim after dinner. Staff was very nice.

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at the Stockton. A bunch of my extended family travels to Cape May each summer and although I always try for the Stockton the others usually stay at different places. This year the whole family stayed here and it was great! Nothing fancy but all that we need: Perfect location, nice clean rooms, great pool, terrific deck to hang out and watch the beach and boardwalk...I will be back, Lord willing..

1  Thank daisymarina