“Cape May at the Stockton”
Review of The Stockton Inns

The Stockton Inns
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cape May at the Stockton”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Our family stayed at the Stockton for 2 nights during our East coast vacation. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. This isn't your typical chain hotel, nothing in Cape May is, it's more old school motor lodge. The rooms open to the parking lot which make unloading pretty painless. The location is right across from the boardwalk area and the beach is very clean. The whole stretch of Beach Ave is awesome with many shops and restaurants.
We are already thinking about the next trip with no kids. I think this time we will try the Bed & Breakfast that is on the grounds as well. Would recommends to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank G_Diel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
PA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend recently, and enjoyed our room. We stayed at the Inn, not at Stockton Manor, which is right next door and owned by the same people. The location was wonderful, right across from the ocean and within walking distance to tons of shops and restaurants. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant as well.

We had a room on the first floor, that had two double beds. It was very clean, the furniture was nice and updated, and there was a nice flat screen tv and a DVD player as well. The bathroom was nice and clean, with no shortage of hot water and water pressure. After driving 5 hours to get there, it was nice to take a hot shower and wash the travel grime off!

There is a pool, but it was too chilly when we were there to get in it. It looked well taken care of though.

The Stockton Inn is not fancy by any means, but if you're looking for an affordable place right by the beach, this is a great place to stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My best friend and I have been staying at the Stockton Inns for at least 8 years. Naturally over time we have gotten to know the staff. They are terrific. We have stayed on all floors. We prefer the 3rd floor (closest to the ocean). Our room is always immaculate. There is a flat screen tv, fridge, wifi, coffee maker kitchenette (in room 215). I love room 215 because I can walk out of my door and onto a beach chair. Many times I will sun myself on the 3rd floor deck to avoid the noise or kid play at the pool. It's heaven. I should also mention, the pool is spotless as well. If you stay there for 24 hours, you will notice there is "round the clock" staff maintaining the properties at all times. It's mainly the owner that is always working. (cleaning the pool, washing the driveway, emptying ash trays, cleaning rooms.....) you name it, someone is doing it. There are rules and it's impressive that they are actually enforced. (Not that there is a need, but you can tell it's just "nice".

Even when we don't stay on the 3rd floor, we take our morning coffee up to the 3rd floor and sit on the balcony. It is the best view in Cape May. I have found the other people on vacation that happen to stay at the Stockton are friendly and respectful. I know for a fact this is not the case at other places in Cape May. The location is great. We can be at the square or mall or beach in 5 minutes. Everything is just so beautiful so the walk is most enjoyable. There is also a Wawa in 5 minutes drive time. (Great for last minute items).

Most importantly, the woman who runs the front dest....Patty. She is wonderful. I am always excited to see her (I mean, she's a sight for sore eyes after the 2 hour drive and she's about to hand me keys to my holiday!!!) She has always been super helpful with reccomending local food and entertainment. One time I lost a very special ring. I was on the AC expressway in a total panic. I called Patty. She put me on hold and when she got back on the phone....she had the maid check my room and had it safely in her hands!!! I don't think you find trust like this just anywhere. Aside from that, she has always been so helpful working with our dates and getting us our favorite room!!

Cape May is beautiful, clean, classy and charming. There are other wonderful places to stay in Cape May......I'm sure.......but I'll never be able to review them....because I'll never cheat on the Stockton;)

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are closer to the balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Northen New Jersey
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had last minute reservations and not a lot to choose from since we wanted to stay across
from the beach. Stayed on the hotel side and although I had reservations about it (normaly stay in slightly better hotels), it was a fair price for what it is ,clean and comfortable you can't beat the location and from the man cleaning the pool to the front desk everyone was helpful and accomodating, just what one would expect and not always receives.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I just returned from my first visit to Cape May, and I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the Manor. The room was very clean and confortable, and the staff was very courteous and very knowledgeable about local events and places to sight see. One of my best hotel experiences in a very long time. I highly reccomend staying at this hotel if you're in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Montrose, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stockton Inn is a great place to stay. We go every year for the Octoberfest. Great porch to have a few cocktails, watch the dolphins in the water or just read a book. The owner is strict on what is allowed and not allowed which makes it a quality place to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank elainepapp
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the manor, the big old 3 story house next to the hotel. It was just what I wanted. Old fashioned but totally met our needs. I opted for a smaller, less pricey room with a spectacular view and got just that. My husband called it "the closet" but we don't need a room for much more than sleeping, changing and showering. The weather was spectacular so we were on the go. The room was clean, the bathroom had ample room and great water pressure, important with my long hair. The closet was big enough, we had a small sitting area and a refrigerator. The window looked right out to the beach and ocean. We were on the second floor and FYI, no elevator, but not many steps. Not a problem at all. Outside our room was a nice sitting area that I enjoyed during the stay to read and people watch and we were treated to a beach wedding right in front of us. I would stay there again in a minute. The Manor is very close to everything too, walking distance to bars, restaurants, breakfast, lunch and next to a mini golf. Great place!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple