“Great classic beach motel”
Review of The Stockton Inns

The Stockton Inns
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Spent three nights at the Stockton Inn and was very pleased with the property. We received a friendly and courteous welcome at the front desk and were given complete and detailed information on the places we wished to visit. The location is great, right on Beach Avenue in the historic area and within reasonable walking distance a good selection of restaurants and the Washington Mall shopping area.

Our room was an efficiency unit and was well outfitted with a small cook top, refrigerator, toaster, coffee pot, a full complement of dishes, pots & pans and cooking utensils. There were even coffee filters and dish washing detergent.
I would have liked to have a microwave but that is only a minor detraction. The room was very clean and house keeping did a very good job of meeting our needs and schedule. The property is well maintained and everything is kept clean and fresh.

There is a small pool, however we did not get to try it out due to weather conditions but it appeared to be well maintained and clean.

This is a great classic beach motel, not fancy but clean and well maintained with a helpful and friendly staff and close to everything including the beach. We would definitely stay here again.

6  Thank NormanZ706
There are newer reviews for The Stockton Inns

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The choice is either the Manor or the Motor Lodge and we chose the Victorian Manor with all the 19th century memorabilia, and décor, and lighting anyone could ever imagine. We stayed on the second floor in a very clean and quaint room that had a large flat screen TV, refrigerator and air conditioner. That was an anachronism, but much appreciated by we Americans. The first day, the bathroom sink would not drain properly; this was attended to and fixed immediately. We had an ocean view room with two windows; it was sunny, and pleasant and pretty. The AC provided white noise while we slept (no other noise heard at any time in Stockton Manor); the front porch offered old fashioned rocking chairs and friendly guests. The adjoining Stockton Mini Golf Course was well attended and we also enjoyed 19 holes; very well maintained and enjoyable.

Room Tip: We would NOT recommend this Inn to anyone who has difficulty dealing with stairs, or who has any pro...
2  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We visit Cape May a lot and had a nice recent experience staying at the Stockton Inn in Cape May. Clean, and well located. Nothing fancy, basic clean and convenient. Nice small refrigerator to keep drinks cold. Decor a little dated, but I am not fussy about that stuff. Other then a very nosy air conditioner, no complaints. Would come back.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I found the Stockton Inn after carefully going through reviews on TripAdvisor, and I'm glad I made the choice to stay here. I don't notmally stay in Inns or Motels on my travels, but you don't really have a choice in Cape May. Being my first time down here, and only planning to stay 1 night, I was fortunate to find a place that had a room available, with no minimum 2 or 3 night stay. Mind you this is the week before Labor Day. Yes, I did have 2 separate beds, for what I wanted a single King, but beggars can't be choosers for last minute booking. It's located a short walk from pretty much everything along Beach Avenue and to the shopping village. It served my purpose of having a clean place to crash for the night, as I couldn't fathom paying $400 at other nearby places or do a B&B. It is an outside entry, so the room did smell a little musty, probably a bad idea to have carpet as soon as you walk in, but it wasn't bad enough to complain or really have it be a nuisance. The rooms are dated, and was shocked to find a flat screen TV, but the décor is dark and dated, but everything is super clean, or at least dark enough that I didn't notice any stains or mysterious creatures. The parking lot is small and tight, but there is a small pool and seemed like it was clean and well maintained, as was the rest of the property. If I had to, I would stay here again.

1  Thank Spyder1125
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was our fifth year in a row at Stockton Manor for the same vacation, the week before Labor Day.

We always stay in room 410, for us, the best room in the Manor.

The room is on the 3rd floor in the left corner as you look at the building. The ocean view is spectacular! it helps of course that the Manor and Inn are directly across the street from the beach, literally steps away! It has a small refrigerator, a nice sized dresser, two closets, two chairs that sit in front of a window that faces the beach and a beautiful king sized sleigh bed. But for us, the bath room is the icing on the cake. It is large, as hotel bath rooms go, with adjacent windows that let in the ocean breezes...there is a pedestal sink, tiled floor and a big, claw foot tub, that fits two, fairly comfortably! The shower head is large and the water pressure amazing.

There is a large porch that goes across the front and left side of the structure, where you can sit and watch the world go by, or watch families play miniature golf on a lovely well maintained course. There is also a pool where you can take a quick dip or sit in a lounge chair and take a short nap.

There is a parking spot for every room and the lot is away from the main street which is a plus.
We park our car when we arrive and aside from using it as a place to store our beach chairs, towels and umbrella, we never go near it.

The staff at Stockton is friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are very clean and furnished with period pieces and furniture.

Everything in town is within walking distance and if you bring your bicycle then you truly have the best way to get around town.

Stockton Manor/Inns is truly a must see when visiting Cape may.

2  Thank ROBRAY2015
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our first time at Cape May. We stayed at the Manor because the motel wasn't available for the amount of days we requested. We had never stayed at a place like the Manor. Our room had a view of the ocean but we spent most of our time sitting on that big and beautiful porch in the rockers. I couldn't have asked for more. The ocean breeze was phenomenal. I liked having the beach directly across the street and to be able to watch the passers-by. It was a little strange having the mini-golf course right outside our bathroom window but we got used to it and didn't mind. We would most certainly go back there. It was immaculate.

2  Thank la11566
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the second floor sun porch for 2 nights. We found the rooms, grounds and pool to be extremely clean. Workers were out very early sweeping, cleaning, vacumming the pool, wiping down chairs from the rain on the previous day, cleaning garbage pails etc. I was vey impressed. I have to say I was very skeptical about staying, we are more resort type people, but the price was right. The beach is steps from the hotel and the views are great from the 2nd floor sun porch. We had our lunch on the sun porch one day, walked back from the beach and enjoyed our lunch. My only complaint was the beds are way too small!!!! and they really need to update the bed linens. Please get rid of the bedspreads and get the duvets that all the hotels have switched to. They are so ugly and gross. Beds were comfortable, but way too small, they are only doubles if that. Rooms are very large, we used an air mattress with loads of room to spare. If you are looking for a resort style hotel this is not for you. Perfect for families with small children that do not need big beds.. Staff friendly, but lady at check in very strict with cars and amount of people staying in room. We had 5 in our room, booked for 4. I am sure they would of charged another 100.00 for another person if she had found out. Payment is due at check in, which I found strange, but I am sure there is a reason for it.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor sun porch for a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family