We decided to re-visit the Cape May area and thought it might be fun to stay at the same place (but during a different time of year). Last year we were there during the summer, this time we stayed in the fall (October). If possible, the stay was even better than before. This time we stayed in the Madison Room (2nd floor). The room was very quiet (even though the Cottage was sold out), inviting and very clean. Our weekend just happen to coincide with Chocolate Week. What a treat!! Friday night was an over the top Chocolate Reception. Everything was made in house, and was all about chocolate. Patti (Outstanding Innkeeper), is not only a great cook but also a great Chocolatier. This is definetely one of those places that seem to keep getting better with time!!!! We will be back for a third visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mason Cottage is a lovely country Victorian B&B located in the heart of historic Cape May. The inn is just one block from the beach and two blocks from many fine shops and restaurants. Built in 1871, the Mason Cottage is endowed with lofty ceilings, full-length windows and a sweeping veranda, all so characteristic of Victorian homes of the period. There are nine lovely antique appointed rooms/suites to choose from, each with a private bath. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Cottage Hotel Cape May
- The Mason Cottage Bed And Breakfast Inn
- The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn Cape May, New Jersey