We lucked into great weather and a great B&B this October in Cape May. Just outside the town center and those insatiable Cape May parking meters and blocks from the beach, the Mason is in a great location. The Davis Room on the second floor overlooking the street is a two room suite with a fireplace and a private bath with jacuzzi. I cannot confirm that it is a working fireplace. It's gas, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. Perhaps if the weather was a little cooler, I would have bothered to ask. Quiet even with a full house and nicely furnished, the room comes with a closet reminiscent of the Victorian era to which the building dates, that is to say really, really small. Check in is at Tea Time, so arrivals are greeted with warm beverages and an assortment of cookies, baked goods and homemade chocolate. Bicycles are available to borrow and provide an ideal mode of transportation to work off the wonderful French toast served at breakfast. Overall, a clean, comfortable, charming place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mason Cottage is a lovely country Victorian B&B located in the heart of historic Cape May. The inn is just one block from the beach and two blocks from many fine shops and restaurants. Built in 1871, the Mason Cottage is endowed with lofty ceilings, full-length windows and a sweeping veranda, all so characteristic of Victorian homes of the period. There are nine lovely antique appointed rooms/suites to choose from, each with a private bath. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Cottage Bed And Breakfast Inn
- The Mason Cottage Hotel Cape May
- The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn Cape May, New Jersey