“This is the home away from home, but even better!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #14 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Philadelphia
“This is the home away from home, but even better!”
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This was the first time I've stayed in the historic district of Cape May, and I can honestly say that after one weekend here, I'm hooked! My husband and I loved Mason Cottage and all of it's old world character and charm. From the moment we walked in, Patty (the Innkeeper) made us feel right at home and was eager to answer any of our questions or offer suggestions about where to dine, shop, etc. And, the best part of the evening was coming "home" to relax on the rocking chairs that lined the gorgeous wrap around porch surrounded by lush plantings. Thank you Mason Cottage for a wonderful, relaxing, and romantic weekend...we'll definately be back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The Mason Cottage Bed and Breakfast Inn is the place to stay in Cape May! We loved it! Patti, the innkeeper, is fantastic! From the moment we were greeted until the time we checked out, she was always prompt to make us feel right at home. The location of this establishment is perfect: a quick one block stroll to the beach and a less than 5 minute stroll to the Washington Street Mall. Our room was clean, breezy, and quiet. Our breakfasts were hot and delicious. We were provided with beach chairs, beach towels, and bicycles which allowed us to enjoy and explore the town. The front porch was lined with high-backed rocking chairs where we sat and chatted with the other guests. We're coming back, no doubt! Thanks!

new jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2009

After having visited many of the top rated bed and breakfasts in Cape May, we have fallen in love with the Mason Cottage. More specifically, we have fallen in love with its inn keeper. Patty makes you feel like a long lost friend from the moment you walk through the front door to the moment you leave. The inn is recently updated and impeccably kept. Patty's chocolate chip cookies are wonderful as is her breakfast. We are definately going back.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 June 2009

This B&B was very clean and the inkeeper was great!! We had a really good stay and a great time in Cape May. I would suggest staying here if you are looking for a B&B.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Mohegan Lake, NY
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We found the Mason Cottage Inn charming, comfortable with every amenity we needed. Patti, the Innkeeper, was a joy - from her welcoming smile to her unwavering energy dedicated to seeing to our every request and comfort. You may find more elegant inns in Cape May, and you'll pay the premium price for them, but you will not find any to match the warmth and comfort at The Mason Cottage Inn. Breakfasts were delicious and I would have had seconds for sure if my wife had let me. We were in the top floor Warne Suite, with sitting room (working gas fireplace and flatscreen TV), large spotlessly clean bathroom with shower and jacuzzi tub (nice hot water), and bedroom (very comfortable bed) with a window view of the ocean. At night with the windows open you can hear the surf. The location is also a plus - 2 blocks to the ocean, 3 blocks to the center of town. We always made it back late for 3 o'clock tea, but Patti always had the tea service still out waiting for us. Don't miss her homemade chocolate chip cookies. On our next visit, I'm going to try to get her to make scones, I can only imagine how good they'll be.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed 14 May 2009

The nicest bed and breakfast that I have ever been to. The girls were sweet, sociable and they were incredible cooks! Delicious breakfast! Our room was so nice and comfortable. We even had a WhirlPool!

The Mason Cottage is about a block away from the beach. It's so close, that if you open the windows at night, you can hear the waves on the shore!
My boyfriend and I had such a wonderful time. We were so sad to leave. But we will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Hauppauge, NY
Reviewed 2 May 2009

The Mason Cottage totally exceeded our expectations. The cottage is lovely although it was still undergoing some sprucing up while we were staying there. The location is perfect. It is a block from the beach and a block from the Washington Street shops. Patti, the innkeeper is the cottage's best asset as she is very friendly and can't do enough for you. While we were enjoying the rocking chairs on the porch in the morning, she offered to set our breakfast up outside. The breakfast she prepares and the treats in the afternoon are all so delicious and the presentation is lovely but not stuffy. She got beach chairs for the beach, ice for our picnic basket, boiled water for my non stop obsession for tea, and made reservations for our dinner faster than I could finish my sentence. The room was great. We had the opportunity to meet the owners of the cottage who are also quite nice and very hard working as they were landscaping the front yard. I 'm sorry I have no pictures to post but I would say the pictures on the website are very true to reality. I hope I havent' made this review so great that I will not be able to get a reservation when I try to book next year!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple