We stayed at the Mason Cottage during the worst winter they have probably ever had in Cape May. Even though many of the streets were impassable and it was freezing outside, our stay was delightful. Our suite was surprizingly spacious, cozy, warm, and spotlessly clean. Our bedroom offered a window seat facing directly to the ocean with a wonderful view - something you rarely find on Columbia Avenue. The bathroom contained a jacuzzi - a welcome relief after climbing mountains of snow in the cold and wind. A sitting room with a gas fireplace was a wonderful extra touch. When the outdoors got to be too much, we could enjoy some reading by the fire. Patti was the perfect hostess and her cooking was terrific. The all-chocolate afternoon tea (their February specialty) was heaven for chocoholics like us. We look forward to going back next winter. We might try to get there during the summer as well. And I'm sure the beach would be even more enjoyable without two feet of snowing covering it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mason Cottage is a lovely country Victorian B&B located in the heart of historic Cape May. The inn is just one block from the beach and two blocks from many fine shops and restaurants. Built in 1871, the Mason Cottage is endowed with lofty ceilings, full-length windows and a sweeping veranda, all so characteristic of Victorian homes of the period. There are nine lovely antique appointed rooms/suites to choose from, each with a private bath. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mason Cottage Hotel Cape May
- The Mason Cottage Bed And Breakfast Inn
- The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn Cape May, New Jersey