“A Must Do”

Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Cape May
Bayville, New Jersey, United States
“A Must Do”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Fun, and educational with beautiful views .We saw shore birds,and binoculars are provided for , but a camera is a must for this trip . We loved the up close look at the marine life and the informative and fun way they teach it. This is a trip for more than just bird lovers. This trip is now on our list of 'must do's' when we are in the Cape May area. Thank - you Capt. Ginny for such a wonderful trip.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“wonderful trip”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

A very educational boat trip. Great fun. Well run. Guides were very knowledgeable and entertaining. The scenery is so beautiful. Saw many species of shore birds. Price is right and worth every penny. Not for small children. Use bathrooms before boarding. One on boat is primitive. They provide binoculars, which are a must. You stay in the marsh and intercostal, areas you normally would not see when visiting the shore but so important to the shore environment.

1 Thank poohlbi
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Touring the salt marshes on the Skimmer was a major highlight during my visit to Cape May. Such knowledgeable, friendly, informative guides made it effortlessly educational. There were plenty of binoculars for everyone and lots of birds to check out even at mid-day. Imagine it would be spectacular at dawn and dusk. I would definitely do this again and would love to bring my husband (an avid birdwatcher) along. Don't miss it!

1 Thank MBwrites
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Love this tour and the wildlife...eagles, ospreys and shorebirds! Bring the camera! They are great tour guides and the area is beautiful. I try to do this trip at least once a year because I live so far away. Always a treat.

Storybrooke
“The is no such thing as a Sea Gull... or things I did not know before my trip.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

There are many types of gulls so calling them the general term of sea gulls is inaccurate, who knew?
Captain Ginny and Ed were not only really interesting, and personable they were informative as well. Which, for me, made the trip all the more memorable. Sure, there were a fair amount of families with young kids on the skimmer, but there was something for everyone to enjoy,(which I think really helps keeps the little ones mellow, so that a mixed group can really enjoy the trip), there were lots of great photo opportunities, some fun hands on stuff that the kids really enjoyed, and several stories that had my father (a sail-boat enthusiast/ nature appreciating guy) practically giggling. It was really nice to hang out with my parents, and go on a new mini-adventure. I'm 26 (today actually, thanks for the b-day wishes on FB by the way), and being able to do something new with my parents on a vacation is really nice. It doesn't' happen that often where there's an activity that is going to entertain all three of us, not be geared specifically to younger families and/ or is something we've done in vacations down the shore in summers past. Thanks Salt Marsh Safari! If you couldn't tell the whole family had a great time.

Visited June 2013