“We will be back!”

Ranked #13 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Unbeatable value for the price. Staff catered to guests all around, in the hotel as well as the bar and happy hour outside. Room 10 was great, bed was comfortable, shower needed a little more pressure. The breakfast was great, but bar and restaurant were a little gaudy (we just sat on the outside porch). Great quiet location. Next time we go to Cape May we will stay here!

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We go every year for dinner. This year's show was the best. Great for kids. Food is good, somewhat pricy but you are supporting starving artists so consider it a donation to the protection of the arts! You will have fun if you like campy funny theater. The night that we went there was a bald headed man convention in town, or so it seemed. There is one continuing joke in the show that only people who grew up in the 80's and listened to Foreigner will "get." The kids will have that quizical look on their faces...love it. There is another joke that your kids will be repeating all the way home if they listen closely. But we've only been there three times now, and can't wait to go back next year. No we have been there four times, and don't call me _____ _____.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were there for a few days in July and had a wonderful time!

Breakfasts on the veranda were a delight--I think it has to be the best outdoor space in Cape May.

Innkeeper Carol was so nice--truly wonderful to deal with; she was so friendly and helpful.

We didn't get to go to the happy hours this trip, but will next time!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thompson, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was our 4th year staying at Elaine's. Every year it just keeps getting better. We have stayed in just about all of the rooms and they have all been wonderful. Breakfast on the porch is spectacular. The dinner theater and haunted mansion are lots of fun with great food too. The happy hour outside entertainment was new this year and we really enjoyed it. Can't wait for next year!

Room Tip: Our favorite room is room 6, the Mint Tulip Boudoir. It is on the second floor which is very quiet...
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My daughter wanted to do something "haunted" for her 14th birthday, so I looked into Cape May and came across Elaine's. Impressed by what was offered and the reviews I booked a room for 2 nights, as well as a reservation for the Haunted Mansion restaurant. We were taken care of right away when we arrived and all of our stuff was carried up to our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially to my daughter who was fascinated by the fact that the Inn was haunted. We stayed in room #7 which was very comfortable and appealing to the eye. I was very impressed about how close Elaine's is to everything. We walked everywhere! After we settled in and explored a little bit we had dinner & a show at the Haunted Mansion Restaurant. The service was very good and honestly the food was ok not great. Breakfast on the other hand was pretty excellent! We did experience some strange things during the night in our room, my daughter woke up and saw a dard shadow of a man standing at the end of my bed one night and the other night the night light cover in the bathroom fell off and made a loud noise. Needless to say my daughter got what she came for!! I also saw an orb on the stairway going to our room. My only complaint was the language barrier with our first breakfast waiter and the cleaning lady when I asked for something. We also took the ghost tour with Joe who was a fabulous guide. He is very knowledgable about the whole town and showed us some very interesting haunts on the way!! He also made Brianna's birthday special at dinner during the show. Overall I think we accomplished what we came for and had a great get away. Everyone is very welcoming and very informative no matter what you ask!! If you listen carefully you will probably hear "Little Emily" calling out for her mommy!!! My daughter did!!

Room Tip: Room #7 has no room above it so no worries for pitter patter and it has 2 beds.
1 Thank Joyce K
Robbinsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Elaine's was awesome! They allowed our daughter to stay which was my #1 concern on a July 4th weekend. We scored a huge room with 2 gorgeous queen size beds---so comfy and I loved the room and color palette. Honestly, I would have stayed in the room the whole time if I could but my daughter wanted to play on the beach. Room was spotless. Breakfast was amazing and delicious, but I do agree that you need to be prepared to wait at breakfast...I think they need more help with servers. That being said, was the only issue we had and sitting on the front porch in the gorgeous morning breeze is not too big an issue--just leave some time.

Room Tip: Room #7 was amazing!! Loved it.
1 Thank Marietta G
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

What a wonderful bed and breakfast in beautiful Cape May, NJ. Close to the beach. Wonderful, wonderful staff. Delicious food. Nicely appointed Victorian style room. Great bar. Shows if you wish entertainment. Evening music. As an author and psychologist, I just needed a break and Elaine's Bed & Breakfast was the perfect get-a-way. By the way, excellent value as well. I have stayed at a number of other very nice B & B's in Cape May, and this was just as bit as good.

RJW