“2nd Annual Cape May Romantic Get Away @ Elaine's” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn

Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #13 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Hunt, Texas
“2nd Annual Cape May Romantic Get Away @ Elaine's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Cape May, NJ this weekend and stayed at Elaine's B&B. It's within walking distance to the beach, Congress Hall and all of the shopping that you could want on a weekend. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants near by.

We stayed in the Artists Loft Room. Very cute room, clean, awesome furnishings, good bathroom and nice shower and tub. It was re-done with modern things like Moen faucets and sheetrock and modern molding to look like Victorian Molding, but all of the furniture and picture frames were carefully purchased from and look very old and unique. The room has a nice heating unit on the wall with a remote control.

We also booked the Scrooged dinner theater performance on Saturday night. Well worth the $44 per ticket. The cast is funny and they have updated the story in a few places and added comedy to it. The food in the dinner theater was quite good as well. I would recommend attending without hesitation. As a guest of the B&B you get front row seating which is very nice.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the B&B was clean and we had a great time. I would definitely stay at Elaine's again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Hammonton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We just got back a few days ago from our stay at Elaine's. It's in a prime location in Cape May for walking to the shops and many restaurants. The building itself is quintessential Cape May with its Victorian charm. The B&B is clean and very well maintained. The staff is ALWAYS friendly and welcoming! We have been to Elaine's so many times for the dinner theater shows and to the bar over the years, but this was our first time staying over. The first to greet us and show us our room was Joe (also an actor in the show). We stayed in room 10 for two nights. The rooms is small but so quaint and nicely furnished. The bathroom is bright and clean. We enjoyed a free drink at the bar for renting the room, along with our two delicious breakfasts. The b-fast menu is large and the food is always good. The bar is well stocked and the bar tender, Anita, is always sweet and cheerful! Our second day there we spent most of it resting in our room and watching tv. I was amazed at how quiet the hotel was all day...even with a matinee show going on downstairs! We did go to see their current show, Scrooge. This is our second time seeing this particular show and again, we LOVED it! The dinner is good and there's a decent selection to choose from. Our waitress was friendly and attentive! The show itself is delightful, funny and I love that they keep with the original story line that we all know and love but add in some humor. They truly have the best staff and actors, many of whom are very loyal and have been with them for all of the years my husband and I have been going. I hope they are all appreciated by them as much as they are by us. We can't wait to go back again and I highly recommend staying at Elaine's and you must add in the dinner theater to one of your nights!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was extremely quiet. I can't speak for the other rooms but I...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stratford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

we visited Elaines for our 10th year anniversary , the weekend of Nov 22 -24, 2013. we arrived in cape may at 1pm and received a call about 115 from Joe confirming our reservations, very pleasant conversation to start, my husband and i arrived at the B&B around 2 first one there, we were greeted very friendly and a upbeat personality from Joe.. took us to our room which was Room 8 .. the room was gorgeous , comfortable and just very inviting, very clean and comfortable. the staff and of the B & B was very helpful and just friendly to say the least.. the meet and greet Reception friday night was very fun and interesting. i remember my husband saying this better not be boring. well to say the least it was everything but boring. the bar and the bartender was very nice and helpful very laid back experience and just fun and relaxing .
Friday nite after the meet and greet we met several other guest that was staying and the B&B that was a awesome time to hang out with new people and just have a great time.
Saturday was a great day , we woke up went down to breakfast, i had the Eggs, potatoes, bacon and rye toast , my husband had eggs benedict which we both enjoyed . we enjoyed the day sight seeing and enjoying the peaceful time and the friendly experience in cape may is wonderful.
We were able to take advantage of a carriage horse ride thru the historical area of Cape May we highly recommend that romantic ride, just before it gets dark and you will enjoy all the lighted beautiful scenic views.
Saturday even was the Murder mystery play and dinner... i enjoyed a chicken Parm with linquini and my husband had steak ,,, he chose the salad and i chose the Cream of Broccoli soup. food was very good .. highly recommend the Brownie with the vanilla ice cream for dessert..
the drinks all week end was awesome . my husband is a beer and vodka drinker, me i like the special drinks. i highly recommend the Chocolate Raspberry Martini , had six of them didnt know it but boy did they sneak up on me. Little hang over sunday morning but well worthit.
sunday we had brunch and solution to the murder mystery and we were sad to have to leave. but good things must come to a end ,over all our experience was wonderful and enjoyable and will be doing Elaine's again for sure. my husband was not to eager to try and B&B but he soon changed his mind and the way he thought about it.. the staff and the actors of the weekend were so enjoyable, very funny and they really couldnt have done anything better then they did.
one final note,,, the truth be told Room 8 has some funny strange things going on with that room very strange things dont want to ruin any one thoughts or imagination but you to experience it for your self.
we will be back at Elaines!!!!!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have visited Elaine's two times now and have already booked a 3rd trip. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are clean and beautiful, the bar is fully stocked, and the breakfast menu is plentiful. Typically B&Bs offer you 1 or 2 options for breakfast but Elaine's offers a full selection of hot meals. I recommend Elaine's if you are visiting Cape May!

Room Tip: Room #4 is the best with its private sun room and balcony!
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Elaine's for the murder mystery weekend. When we first arrived we signed in and taken to our room by Joe(who is also one of the actors in the show). Joe was very courteous and friendly when showing us our room. When my wife and I were in our room(The Mint Tulip Room) we were astonished with the overall feel and decor. We absolutely love the victorian styled furnishings. The bed was incredibly comfortable which made it easy to fall asleep.

On our first night the cocktail reception was quite enjoyable. The drinks were great as well as having the opportunity to asks the characters questions about the mystery. I would highly recommend trying the brain freeze cocktail. The drink is simply irresistible and the flavors balance well in the drink. Our bartender Anita was very friendly and made incredible drinks. After the reception, my wife and I got ready for bed and sat out in the sun-room. This room is where we spent most of our time relaxing as well as contemplating who the murder was. The room features an elegant Victorian dress as well as some other elements that balance the overall feel of the room.

The next morning we had our breakfast in same room as their haunted restaurant. For breakfast I had Eggs Benedict with lump crab and a Kick [--] Bloody Mary. While my wife had a spinach omelette and a mimosa. The food was extraordinary! Nothing was under cooked or over cooked. Everything was cooked to perfection. My bloody mary paired very well with my meal. The spiciness, veggie infused vodka, and complex notes made this the best bloody mary I ever had.

After breakfast, my wife and I got ready for the day. When we came downstairs, we were told that there were clues in the bar. After writing our clues we went for the day looking of vintage clothing and antiques. When we came back we relaxed in our comfortable.

The dinner theater experience was wonderful. First we had our three course meal and then watched the show. For dinner I had seafood bisque soup, Salmon and a mini crab cake with hollandaise sauce, Everything was quite sensational. The seafood bisque was full of flavor and not too creamy or too watery, The Salmon flaked off onto the fork nicely and was quite delicious when paired with the hollandaise sauce. The mini crab cake was mainly crab with a little bit of filler and spices.

For dessert I had tiramisu paired with a brain freeze(which is basically a delectable dessert cocktail) which paired well with each other, The tiramisu was very moist and full of coffee notes.

The show was very entertaining and hilarious. My favorite part would have to be the performance of "The Lady Is a Tramp" By Lady H. After the show we examined the murder and asked the characters questions about the murder. After that we sat in the bar with the actors and some of the other guests. My wife and I talked to the actors and guests about their work and what they like to do for fun.

The next morning my wife and I sat in the sunroom to contemplate our theories on who murdered the victim and why. Then we went to have breakfast with the cast. For breakfast I had chocolate chip pancakes and Irish Coffee. While my wife had a Seafood Frittata with a mimosa. My wife and I tried a little bit of each others breakfast. The seafood frittata was really good. The balance between egg, shrimp and tomatoes worked well together. My pancakes were chock full of chocolate chips and they were incredibly light and fluffy.

After breakfast the cast gave the big reveal on the mystery. When the big reveal was done, my wife and and I took pictures with the cast and the guests that stayed at Elaine's that weekend.

Overall: The guest and cast were very friendly. The staff was very helpful with any needs or questions we had, The room was very comfortable and inviting.The cocktails were sensational. The food for breakfast and dinner was extraordinary.

Elaine's was the perfect weekend getaway and we look forward to coming back in the near future.

1 Thank Jeremy G
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at Elaine's, reuniting with friends. It is an old, interesting inn, a bit off the beaten track. However, it is close enough to old town, and other sights. Both of our rooms were interesting complete with Victorian era furniture. The rooms were clean, but small. We attended the dinner theater on premises. The food was average, the play fun and quirky. Breakfast was selected from a menu and was fine. We discussed with the person in charge that there was a person constantly walking back and forth overhead in the evening. When he asked what room we were in, we told him room #2. He told us he had heard that before. Interesting thing.........there is no floor overhead. Fun.

Stayed November 2013
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at Elaine's for the second time this weekend. It was a wonderful weekend. The rooms are gorgeous and insanely comfortable. The food for breakfast is fantastic. The staff is fun and friendly. The dinner show was great. I would highly recommend it. Just beware of the ghosts. My only wish is that they would have hit coffee out during the morning and day for the guests.

• Stayed November 2013