“Pleasantly surprised...charming”

Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Pleasantly surprised...charming”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I have spent time in Cape May Point every summer since I was born. I had never stayed in a hotel/motel as we have always stayed in our family cottage. This year my husband and I stayed at the Capri Motor Lodge for one night before going to the Point. We weren't expecting much based on what we saw online, but we were very happy with our stay. The view was beautiful. The room was small but very clean and had a convenient kitchen area. The two women at the desk were very courteous and friendly. I am used to the beach smells so had no problem with the "beachy" smell of the room that other reviews have mentioned. Easy walk to the beach, boardwalk and outdoor mall. Very quaint..would return again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1500cape

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Portage, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We booked a suite. This,overall,was a very nice place to stay. the kitchen was well equiped, and the rooms were spacious. The housekeeping staff were excellent.. It was located very close to the ocean, and along the "main drag". The price was reasonable. It was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2010

My family had a great stay at the Montreal and wanted to add another day to our trip. The Montreal was full for Sunday, so I checked prices online. I went out to look at the other motels and my first stop was the Capri.

The lady behind the desk stated the price and I was surprised that it was comparable to the Montreal. I wish I would have asked her name, because she was extremely pleasant.

Additionally, we were offered the use of the pool and changing area for the hours before check in and after check out the following day. Our checkout day ended up being our best weather of the vacation and we had a great time hanging out by the pool.

The Capri is an older motel, with older decor. I've been coming to Cape May since the late 70s, so I enjoy the older look.

If I were to recommend one improvement... I would say to add an air purifier, being so close to the ocean the room had a slight moist smell. The Montreal uses a small purifier in each room and I think that would make a difference.

Thank you, we had a great time!! Capri is on my short list of great places to stay in Cape May.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Pennsylvanian4ever
Nazareth, PA
Reviewed 10 June 2010

The location was perfect, the amenities were all there in the room and on the property they even had two grills for cooking, as well as shuffle boards to use. Greeting was pleasant and clear about all the surroundings and whenever we would see the mgrers, they always were pleasant. Will return within the season as well as bringing others/
Thank you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank delsage
Villas, NJ
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My family (15 adults, 3 teenagers and 11 kids) stayed here. Great location, family oriented, pool, shuffle board, ping pong. All the rooms were fine - some better than others...the small efficiencies were just that - outdated but fine....the suites and larger condo type rooms were really nice and seemed much brighter, more up to date, nicer kitchens. The main reason for the family choosing this place -- they have gas grills for guests use. The only place we could find on the beach that had grills. So it is extremly family oriented....also made fresh movie style popcorn every day for the kids. Thank you to everyone there who made it so much fun for all of us.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We had an efficiency room w/ side ocean view. It was super clean, but very outdated with old bathroom and cupboards. No amenities except coffee pot/coffee in room and HBO. Something in the room gave my companion and I major allergy attacks--probably mold/mildew because the room was so clean so it wasn't dust.

But outside the room was a great view of the ocean, a lovely pool with section of 1 ft. deep water for little ones, shuffleboard, pingpong, gas grills for use, free popcorn in the lobby, and just steps from the beach. The grounds were immaculate, the staff friendly, and the neighborhood/guests quiet.

Don't let the reservation and payment methods scare you away. This is perfect for a family without allergies. If they ever remodel inside, I will be back!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 17 September 2009

As the other negative reviews claim, the place is very old fashioned, small, sparse amenities and extremely worn. The radiators are rusty; old ill fitting doors on cabinets; no micorwave, a rusted, beat up dirty toaster and no microwave. The bathroom has hot pink and turquoise tile, the sink drain didn't work and water drained very slowly out of sink.
We were packing groceries away and I realized that the few ants I had killed earlier in the day had relatives. Several were crawling around the sink and stovetop; that did it, we packed up, threw out the groceries and came home in the middle of the night. Not a good first stay in Cape May. We'll continue to go back to Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple