“LIARS.”
Review of West Cape Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
West Cape Motel
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
New Jersey
“LIARS.”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Made reservations ahead requesting a room we can cook in. Arrived in our room to find the place had no microwave, no pots and pans, only a small fridge, a poor working two burner electric stove. This was not the remodeled place as stated (seems some places think a fast coat of cheap paint is remodeling). AC works poorly, we went to CVS for a fan so we had one for moving the damp musty air around. Pool was decent but very warm. Hair dryer was broke and no iron.

Room Tip: Pray, because unless you can see through your computer, forget it.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hereitis
OCM_Management_Team, WCM Management at West Cape Motel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
We are sorry you were unsatisfied with your stay at the WCM.

Please note that you reserved an efficiency which does not include a full kitchen. This is explained on both our website and whenever guests call. Cooking can only be done on the stovetop. Our suites come equipped with a full kitchen.

Our irons are available upon request, and had you mentioned your hair dryer trouble we most certainly would have provided you with another.

As far as the pool is concerned, please note that the sun in August will warm up most bodies of water.

We respectfully disagree with your choice of caption for review, but will endeavor to use your feedback to improve upon the property.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2011

If you want to commit Suicide this is the place for you.
Very Dirty
Smelled disgusting
Mold everywhere
bugs - See welts in photos on my girlfriends back in photos
staff was unfriendly and down right bizarre - very similar to the Bates Motel in Alfred Hitchcock's film Psych
Stay away - we left and got another hotel
We didn't take our socks because we were afraid to touch the carpet with our bare feet.
We did not keep our suit case open because we were afraid roaches would get in our suit case
We would have left immediately if it wasn't so late at night when we checked in
Bathroom stunk like urine
AC was jammed between bed and wall - completely useless
don't be fooled by their web site - the pool is in the middle of the parking lot and the nice deck they show is off limits to all guests

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SurfCityDuo
OCM_Management_Team, WCM Management at West Cape Motel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
We are sorry you were displeased with your stay. We are always working to improve upon our facilities, and we work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay with us.

Please note that we strongly disagree with a few items in your review. Our staff works tirelessly to ensure that the rooms are spotless. While they may not appeal to you aesthetically, please note they are most certainly not dirty. We ask all guests to alert us immediately if they ever encounter such a room. Unfortunately, we cannot do much for guests if we are not advised of issues as they occur.

The bugs you reference are mosquitos and in July they are very prevalent in Cape May. We are a motel so when guests leave their doors open mosquitoes do in fact get in the rooms. We apologize that this effected your stay. We wish there was something more we could have done to prevent your mosquito bites. Mosquito control is a trial faced by many businesses in the summer. We do take issue, however, with the insinuation that other bugs were present in your room. However, as you were undoubtedly upset when you wrote that, we can understand your frustration.

Ultimately when a guest leaves unhappy it makes us unhappy. We wish you well in your travels and will utilize your feedback to help us improve upon the property in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Cape May hotels

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My wife and I decided to visit Cape May, and after trying to find available rooms, we found one here. I was hesitant at the beginning but going into the room calmed me down. Very clean overall room and bathroom. Some bugs, but it's expected. The motel looks very good and the price is amazing.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Pixellolis
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I decided to stay at the West Cape Motel for Memorial Day weekend because it was in a great location and was one of the least expensive places to stay during the Holiday weekend. Also because their website says that all the rooms have been redone this year. But trust me, I would not stay there again nor would recommend it to anyone I know.

Our room had a horrible moldy stench in it, which would not go away no matter how much Lysol we sprayed. Part of the ceiling looked old and modly. I had to kill a few ants crawling aorund. Our AC was completely blocked by the other bed and did not work the first night we were there. The second day we told the cleaning lady about it and she sent someone to fix it while we were gone. The cleaning lady looked like a regular person on the street. She was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, knocking on our door. I didn't even know she was housekeeping. When we got back to our room our AC was fixed but the nightstand was obviously moved in order to get behind to fix it as well as the chairs, and they were left as is in the middle of the room. They were not even put back into place.

But the VERY WORST thing about this motel was coming back at night and finding our door COVERED WITH BUGS. No exaggeration. It was something I have never seen before. I contemplated sleeping in my car. My boyfriend had to take off his shoe and start killing them before we opened the door so that they would not go inside. Some still got in as we ran inside. So I had to stand on the bed and kill all the bugs on the ceiling with a shoe because I refused to go to sleep with bugs everywhere. We also killed a spider right by our headboard/pillow. The second night we got to our room the door was COVERED IN BUGS AGAIN!!! I was so grossed out that we went inside and packed our stuff and left. I didn't even stay to check out the next morning. It was unbearable.

The only decent thing about this place was the pool, and thats about it. Please do not stay here. Save yourself the trouble. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. You'll be happy you did.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sicilianstarlet
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were unhappy with your stay.
Please be advised that we unfortunately cannot control the bugs that come into a room when a guest leaves a door or window open. We are located directly across from the Bird Sanctuary and nature will intrude if guests leave these items open.

There is most certainly no mold in the room. The damp smell you reference may have been due to our proximity to the beach and wetlands. We are located in a beach town.

Please note that we work to ensure that our rooms remain immaculately clean. We are a low cost leader and do not profess to be more than that. We provide guests with a budget friendly, clean and comfortable setting that is located on the way to famed Sunset Beach and close to the rest of Cape May's attractions.

We are sorry if you felt we failed in providing the experience outlined above. We will use your feedback to try and improve upon the property.
Nyc
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I have to say I was very hesitant to stay based on reviews but I love cape may and am on a tight budget. I went with my husband and daughters (3 and 1) and had a great time. They had a crib available for my 1 year old and my 3 year old loved the pool. I didn't have any problems with staff they were very accomidating with extra towels and shampoo/conditioner. Wasn't the nicest place but for the price the best u can find in cape may. Happy I went despite reviews

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Familvacay
Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2010

It's an old road side Motel. Exterior run down, Landscaping a mess. Looks like the owners/caretakers live on premises. Only met the woman. Got the impression it would kill her to crack a little smile. The room was neat and clean. Freshly painted. There were blinds but no curtains on the window. one of the two beds blocked the AC. They charged $170 for a $40 room, but when everything else is booked, you have no choice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JhonB
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary for a few nights and it was great. The motel was clean- the rooms, the staff were friendly, the location was not too far from the beach (walkable). The pool was quiet, well taken care of and well situated in the center of the motel and parking was right in front. It was our first time staying there and we will definitely be back next summer!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple