All reviews my husband and i second floor get away bugs furniture
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I did an overnight stay at the west cape motel on Sept 10-11. My room was very clean and comfortable .I had a nice comfortable king size bed. There is also a small refrigerator in the room. air conditioner worked well. Bathroom is very tight, not much room between the sink and toilet.
Check in was quick and friendly. Parking is not good, you cannot park in front of your room and parking is very limited. It's very convenient to all the local birding hot spots which is why I stayed there. It's not kid friendly as far as I could tell. There is not restaurant on the premises but there is a pancake house just down the road. I did not see any ice machine or vending machines. I felt this place was overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Older property looks better in pics and a little worn in person. Nice desk clerk, good housekeeping with average sized but clean fluffy towels in the bathroom, plentiful too w hairdryer. No counter space in bathroom that's easily remedied by using counter space in kitchenette where the under-the-counter-fridge in not turned on prior to your arrival but clean with washcloth & hand towel provided if you need them. The beds were Queen sized, comfy and well blanketed despite the blazing heat outside during my stay. The A/C unit was adjustable to my liking if somewhat cramped by one of the beds, again easily remedied by pushing the bed away from the unit. The pool was nice as well as fenced in for safety and in use pretty much the entire time I was there. I rented this room to attend a graduation at the Coast Guard Base in August 2016, which turns out is at the opposite end of town... The good thing being is that you get to see the quaint charm of the town as you pass thru it - the bad thing is that you have to drive across town thru narrow busy streets of this older township to get to the Coast Guard Base for the welcoming events in the days leading up to the ceremony, it's what you make of it! A nice older hotel property with rooms that are well kept, a sparkling pool and chairs scattered around the grounds to relax and enjoy the weather with, nice desk & housekeeping personnel is still a winning combination, I'll recommend staying at this hotel. : )

Room Tip: If you favor lots of pool-time request a ground-floor room especially if you have children.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Traveled to Cape May for the Escape the Cape triathlon, and this room was a last minute find for us. The room we had was spacious, comfortable and clean. Kitchenette, though we didn't use it, was clean as well and practical. The women at the front desk both days was very nice. We asked for a late check out so we could shower before leaving and she accommodated us with no problem. It was a nice stay and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2015

No working internet. They said it was out but it was never fixed during the two days we were there. No microwave. No coffee pot. No shampoo 1st night. Blinds didn't keep light out from outside lights which stayed on all night.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2015

My wife and I traveled to Cape May for a getaway weekend. It was last minute and we were on a budget. The proprietor stayed awake for us until nearly 11. The room was small, but adequate. Recently updated bathroom fixtures, nice toiletries. Fridge in the room was a plus. Bed comfortable. Room felt a little stuffy, but fan/AC solved that immediately. Can't beat the access to various attractions, ON FOOT: five minutes walk to Cape May Meadows, nearest restaurant, ten--twelve minutes walk to the eastern edge of the town's boardwalk by the ocean. Five minutes drive to the State Park or Sunset Beach. For us, WiFi wasn't working; staff says they'll fix it after the season. TV selections aren't that great; the cable box was a little cranky. Room could use a bit more light. Overall, a perfectly good budget place to stay. Ask for a second floor room if you want to overlook the Meadows.

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room if you want a view of Cape May Meadows.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple