“Good food, but the noise, just crazy!”
Review of Pier House

Pier House
Ranked #18 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$4 - US$39
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pittsburgh Avenue
Transit: In season trolley service every 15 min in front of restaurant.
Description: Restaurant Temporarily Closed For Renovations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We got to the restaurant for a 7pm. We were seated and asked to be moved to one of five booths that were available. We were denied because all had apparently been reserved. Tons of little kids and the noise level was deafening. After a number of conversations with the manager she finally moved us. That's what she should have done in the first place! Food was good after that. Crab cakes flavor was ok, more filler than I care for. Someone had a whole halibut which was good. Lamb chop appetizer and a few salads also were good. If you are going, and you want to have an adult conversation, beware. The prices are better than many of the other over priced Cape May restaurants ( hello Tisha's, used to be my favorite until they moved to wash street), which is what likely brings out the kids.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My favorite restaurant in Cape May and the best Mediterranean restaurant I have been to. Great atmosphere, service and food. They serve best octopus ever, but you should also taste the keftedes, and the lamb!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Food was terrific. We ate at the bar - defiantly need a reservation on a weekend, but we didn't mind - there was good company and watching the bartender put it all together was fun. Calamari was excellent; watermelon & feta salad, delicious; macho tuna app, delicious; crab cakes, yummy. All cooked and presented quite nicely.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We took the time to venture up to the Pier House for breakfast and it was definitely worth the trip! Our hostess was extremely friendly and asked us to select a table of our choosing on their lovely outdoor patio. Our waitress was extremely nice as well. The breakfast selection was outstanding and at reasonable prices. My daughter had the Red Velvet pancakes which were absolutely to diie for!! She ordered a short stack--2 HUGE pancakes vs. 3--and still couldn't finish. I don't even really eat pancakes but these were unbelievably tasty and not overly sweet. My other daughter and I had the mediterranean omelet which did not disappoint. My husband had the eggs benny which was outstanding as well. Will definitely come back for breakfast and would be interested in trying lunch/dinner as well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1  Thank jaf266
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We spent the last night of our vacation at The Pier House, and it was the best dining experience we had all week. Our server, (Natalie, I believe? I didn't quite catch her name.) was extremely nice and provided excellent service. The food was prepared perfectly with lovely presentation. We were seated on the patio and it made for a lovely evening. I highly recommend dining here, we loved it and will certainly be back!