“Two out of three is bad”
Review of Pier House

Pier House
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Cape May
Price range: US$4 - US$39
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pittsburgh Avenue
Transit: In season trolley service every 15 min in front of restaurant.
Description: Restaurant Temporarily Closed For Renovations
Rochester, NY
“Two out of three is bad”
Reviewed 18 July 2007

Last night we ate at the Pier House on Beach Ave in Cape May. I would have to give this place a mixed review. To start our waitress came by to fill our water glasses and told us she needed to get desserts out to another table and she would be back to get our drink order. Then she only filled 2 out of three glasses. We ordered wine which came after we received our appetizers. Not good. I ordered the oysters on the half shell which they needed to change to clams as they were out of oysters. The people I was with enjoyed their salads. Two out of three ain’t bad.

The main course came. Two of us had the salmon and one had “The Tail” the 10-12 oz lobster tail. The salmon was very good and the mashed potatoes were very tasty. However, my wife lobster we really bad. It was over cooked and was battered and deep fried. In the end it tasted like overcooked brine. It was really salty and really tough. For $40 I would expect more. Two out of three ain’t bad.

Finally for dessert, I had a chocolate carmel cake which was good, my wife had a baked apple tart which she liked but the ice cream was crystallized. Finally our third member bad the cheesecake which tasted like the inside of the refrigerator, as cheesecake will when it is not covered in the frig properly. Again, two out of three ain’t bad.

Yes, while two out of three ain’t bad, it is when you are eating out. At least we each had a turn at being let down. Couple this with a very nice but inattentive waitress and you have an average to below average experience.

4 Thank KandJRochester_NY