“One of the lovliest experiences I've had in a tea room!!!”
Review of The Butterfly Tea Room - CLOSED

The Butterfly Tea Room
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oakland, California
“One of the lovliest experiences I've had in a tea room!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I've tried almost every tea room in the area. The Butterfly Tea room in Cape May was SUCH a delight and could stand up to any of the others I have been to!
The atmosphere is SO charming!!!! The owner and the server made us feel as welcome as if we were guests in her home. We had the tea with scones, soup and quiche and we were TOO FULL to try any pastries! The pricing is consistent with other tea rooms. We took pictures but I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet.... This will be on our list of "musts" when next we visit Cape May!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank GramGramSue

Burlington City
“To Tea or not to Tea”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Definitely Tea. We had such a fun time picking out the tea and teapot for our tasting. The desserts are great, too many to mention but lets say you will want a take home. The service excellent, an adult teaparty and just enjoyable time and atmosphere

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Rcdallmann
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Tea Time!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I love this little Tea Room. A must while in Cape May! The decor is beautiful, the tea is delicious. Next time we will get the full tea complete with scones. We found this little luxury shorly after breakfast, so we just had tea! The owner is a wonderful, kind person!! We even got to choose our own teapot!!! A must!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank mommy2bb
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Nothing remarkable”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was my second experience at the Butterfly Tea Room and since I cannot remember the first time, I am guessing it wasn't remarkable. Although the owner was very gracious and made all her guests feel welcome, the bottom line is it is overpriced and the amount of food was skimpy. Since I am a self professed "Anglophile", I seek tea rooms whenever I travel in and out of the country. The Butterfly Tea room needs to give more food if they continue to demand their high prices. I realize that tea rooms in England are expensive but this is the United States and we as consumers expect more for our money.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank JaJune_12
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Visit to John & Val Lightfoot.”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

On a visit to our friends in Talacre Beach in Wales we came across The Butterfly Tea Rooms, this is a little gem. The service, food & cleanliness is second to none, do yourself a favour & pay a visit,
you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012