“Cape May's Best”
Review of Pharo's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pharo's Inn
Ranked #32 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We just returned from another stay at Pharo's Inn. Pat and Walt (Ski) are such warm hosts, you feel as if you have known them all your life. The Inn is beautiful and in a most convenient area. Very comfortable bed, so comfortable that we extended our stay for an additional day just to enjoy the hospitality extended by Pat and Ski. Pat makes wonderful breakfasts, and Ski makes the best coffee we've ever had at a B&B. We learned so much about the history of the area from Ski. He is very knowledgeable about many subjects. The recommendations for dining were top notch. They sure do know the Cape after all the years the Pharo's Inn has been owned by their family. If you are planning a trip to Cape May, I strongly encourage you to visit this inn. If cleanliness is one of your reasons for an enjoyable stay, THIS IS THE PLACE. Hope to go back again in the fall. Can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: We have stayed in #1 for our last few visits. It is on the first floor with a very comfortable King...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My first trip to Pharo's Inn was with my girlfriend in September 2004. We have been back every September since then (Lucky Us!). Pat and Walt truly make you feel as if you have come back home after a long absence. The atmosphere is very laid back, low key, quite comfortable and Pat's breakfast creations are amazing! The rooms are bright and airy, plenty of space for relaxing. The front porch is one of the best features of the Inn, you can sit and watch the world go by or get into a lively discussion with the other guests. If you are seeking a relaxing, stress free holiday I would recommend Pharo's Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms 1, 3 and 6 offer King Beds! Very Comfortable!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My best friend Nancy & I stayed at Pharo's Inn during the Christmas Holidays.We both really enjoyed Ski & Pat,the owners of the B&B.We sat and talked to both for hours on end each day,and could have simply done nothing else.When we asked what to do,and where to go,both were so helpful,we didn't have to pay top dollars for the tourist traps,as we wanted to go and see what the locals do.The Inn is in walking distance from the beach,the shopping streets,the Cape May theater.We just parked the car,and walked a few blocks to where we wanted to go.Lovely breakfasts,warm & cozy atmosphere,Ski & Pat and the repeat returning guests made this a wonderful stay.We are coming back again & again.Our room was very comfortable,clean,the staff went above & beyond from any other place I had stayed in Cape May previously.This is will my only place I will stay when I come to Cape May.Thank you both! Debi Fegley

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We just returned from a lovely and relaxing two night stay with Ski & Pat at Pharo's. We arrived on Friday afternoon and were greeted warmly by Pat and checked into our room with a smile. I booked this trip earlier that week when I realized that we would both be off for the weekend. Ski was very , very accommodating he remembered in detail stories and conversations we had on our last enjoyable visit this spring.... prettty impressive I must say, as he sees many guests each week. We booked one of the smaller rooms with a bathroom down the hall and to our surprise Ski had given us a larger room with bathroom. It was a very generous and a much appreciated gesture. Our room was very comfortable and spotless, not overly done or frilly, it makes you feel like you are staying with friends or family. The breakfasts on both days were really delicious and satisfying, something for everyone. We had such perfect weather we really made great use of the beautiful porch chatting with the other guests and with Pat & Ski. We also got a chance to use the beach chairs and umbrellas. My only regret is that our stay wasn't longer and that we didn't get a chance to thank Ski and Pat and say goodbye before we left.....we had a prior commitment and had to leave town early. But we will certainly be back !!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here as a child, now bring my kids years later!!
Family owned by Walt & Pat who are charming and warm as their rocking porch!!!
Give you anything you need to make stay special yet as good innkeepers allow you to be alone too. Amazing breakfasts, ONLY one block to beach and 2 to walking mall, like 4 minutes & beach chairs! Coffee house at corner (my fav stop on way from beach) and Convention Hall.
Swim, shop, and watch (& hear) the romantic clip clop of the horse & buggy's ride by on famous Columbia Ave go by.. Great owners, can't find a better price, esp in Historic section.
Cape May is getting wild with HIGH prices,& many don't allow kids or don't offer home cooking for breakfast (not box cereals!) Yummy breads, hot egg souffle, fresh fruit, coffee/ tea, bacon, my teen boys love it, YUM!! Large comfy beds, clean always, full maid service, and lovely parlor, heart of Historic district! See Pat & Walt & hang on porch next year.....great family owners, our friends now! A no brainer! Pack & go! Sherry Pavlinec & family!

Rather shop than have fancy, this inn is clean and historic, charming, & location, location! Don't care for the modern 1970's monster hotels....go anywhere for that....love the old Pharos Inn.....
You will too! I have been going 2x a year, so did my mom, Cape May is our second home, and Pharos fits the bill, esp for family....see ya again next year.

Room Tip: Like 2nd floor facing street to see horses, lots of light and King bed with extra bed for teen/child
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was the first time I've ever stayed at a B&B. My husband and I were looking to take our 18 month old son on his first "overnight" trip somewhere, and we decided on Cape May - it's close to home, but we could still get away. Since this was our son's first little trip, we decided on a one night stay, which Pat and Ski from Pharo's Inn was more than happy to accomodate for us. We stayed in Room #1 - which was located on the first floor. The size of the room was great, plenty of room for our son's pack n play and more. The room was SO clean, tastefully decorated and stayed nice and cool. It was raining when we first arrived, but we were able to enjoy the beautiful front porch while our son played with his toys. When it finally cleared up - we had a wonderful dinner at one of the local restaurants down there and strolled near the beach and a few shops. Pharo's Inn is PERFECTLY located a block away from the beach (so close you can hear the waves crashing as your enjoying a drink on the porch) and just a couple blocks away from all the main shopping areas. We had a great night sleep and in the morning enjoyed a hearty breakfast with an egg bake, breakfast bread, toast, yogurts, fresh fruits and more. Pat and Ski made us feel right at home and we even learned a few history lessons from Ski! They are true professionals at what they do and I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else but Pharo's Inn when we go to Cape May.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was in town for a long weekend; unfortunately my wife could not make the trip but my home away from home did not disappoint. We are long term guests but it took us all of one night (about 15 years ago) to become a part of the family.

This inn is not the flashiest in Cape May; you can spend a LOT of money to have that. What Pharo's has is genuine ambiance in a very amazing location. Picture sitting on the porch watching the horse and carriages go by, think of the sound of the surf lulling you to sleep in your bed. Think of a tasty hot breakfast served in the dining room (ask about the dining room table- it has many stories of its own to tell) or on the patio. And best of all think of your inn-keepers Pat and Ski Kowalski, who will make you feel every bit at home. Don't miss out on this real Cape May Diamond!

Room Tip: There are 7 rooms in the inn. 5 with in room bath and 2 without. One room (with bath) on the first f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends