“First Stay”
Review of Pharo's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pharo's Inn
Ranked #32 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was my first time staying at Pharo's. My first impression was that Pharo's Inn looked very pretty and was in a nice location, and Pat and Walt were friendly hosts.

There was limited on street parking in front of the Inn, so I had to park a few blocks away. This wasn't a big issue for me, but would have been more convenient if I could've parked closer.

The Inn is just a couple of blocks from the beach and from the town mall. Closer to the beach would have been nicer, but not bad.

My room was nicely decorated and fairly spacious, but the bathroom was tiny. I banged my elbow a few times on the corner of the wall that protrudes next to the toilet. The bathroom is so small, there's no room for a sink, which is outside in the bedroom. The bed was a bit on the hard side. I didn't sleep very well. Also the air conditioner didn't do a good enough job of dehumidifying the room.

Breakfast was delicious. They also offered tea and cookies at certain times of the day, but I was never around at the time they were served, so I can't comment on them.

I've never stayed in Cape May before, so I have nothing to compare this too. But if I'm ever in the area again, I would probably try another place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul T

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just returned from a 4 night family reunion with our 3 adult children, their spouses and 2 grandchildren. The inn has a wonderful and inviting wrap around porch with many rocking chairs. Two of the rooms were very large and our daughter and her husband had no problem sharing one of these with their two little ones. Pat and Walt had many beach chairs and umbrellas that we could take to the beach. Location could not have been better as they are no more than a couple of short blocks from the beach and from the Washington Mall. Every morning a different but delicious breakfast was served. Maid service was provided every day keeping the room clean and fresh with clean towels. All in all a very good value. We highly recommend Pharo's Inn for families wishing to vacation together.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sterling136
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just an over night stay unfortunately. Pat and Walt are wonderful hosts. their place is cozy,clean, close to everything and beautiful. Can't wait to return. We did do a lot in a short time. They directed us to all the right places. Really enjoyed ourselves!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1. It was great. Close to the breakfast and goody room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lori K
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We spent this Saturday night at Pharo's. This is our third stay at this lovely B&B and every time we go we enjoy it more and more. We stayed in room 2 again and it was immaculate as always.The room is bright and well appointed and the window A/C works great. It was a pleasure as always to catch up with our hosts Ski & Pat. They make you feel so comfortable with thier easy conversation and obvious love for what they do and the pride for thier beautiful town. We took advantage of the afternoon goodies they were a delicious treat before getting ready for the evening. Our breakfast was also delicious and filling. By far my favorite thing is the wonderful porch it is so relaxing, all of your troubles seem to be forgotten! The reasonable rates and all of these outstanding qualities make it easy and a MUST to return soon.... really soon!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NJpunkin
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our family vacations have been spent at Pharo's Inn for the past twenty years. Over that period of time I have stayed in B & B's, for business, from Maine to Florida and Pharo's Inn is the most pleasant experience of all the Inn's. The whole staff and innkeepers have been extremely gracious and kind to our whole family over the years. Their hospitality has always been above and beyond!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Button1987
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Would highly recommend this bed and breakfast!!!! Outstanding hospitality and the food was delicious!! We also learned about the history of Cape May. Very enjoyable trip and the owners helped us learn our way around town and great places to eat...Will be going back again and this will be our choice to stay at Pharos Inn!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We just returned from another stay at Pharo's Inn. Pat and Walt (Ski) are such warm hosts, you feel as if you have known them all your life. The Inn is beautiful and in a most convenient area. Very comfortable bed, so comfortable that we extended our stay for an additional day just to enjoy the hospitality extended by Pat and Ski. Pat makes wonderful breakfasts, and Ski makes the best coffee we've ever had at a B&B. We learned so much about the history of the area from Ski. He is very knowledgeable about many subjects. The recommendations for dining were top notch. They sure do know the Cape after all the years the Pharo's Inn has been owned by their family. If you are planning a trip to Cape May, I strongly encourage you to visit this inn. If cleanliness is one of your reasons for an enjoyable stay, THIS IS THE PLACE. Hope to go back again in the fall. Can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: We have stayed in #1 for our last few visits. It is on the first floor with a very comfortable King...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple