“One stay and you know why it is rated one of the top B&B's in the country”
Review of Angel of the Sea

Angel of the Sea
Ranked #5 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Saratoga Springs, New York
“One stay and you know why it is rated one of the top B&B's in the country”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

In addition to location, a great staff that meets all your wants, clean and inviting rooms, the daily breakfasts, high tea, and wine and cheese party make this location a must do.

Room Tip: Book early and check off-season specials.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yellobrd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Fords, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Angel of the Sea is the best bed and breakfast ever. From the minute you walk in you are treated just like family. The staff is amazing. Everyone from the front desk, cooks and the ladies who clean your room make you feel welcome. You feel just like you are at home. You almost forget that you are in a hotel and may walk out into the parlor in your pajamas. The food is absolutely amazing. The breakfasts and tea time treats are all homemade. The Angel is a must if you every decide to visit Cape May.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pumpkin1031
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2011

The entire way home from the Angel of the Sea, my friends and I couldn't stop talking about the wonderful experience we had together. The service was warm and personable and the food was phenomenal! We each made another reservation before we left and now make it a tradition to visit this bed and breakfast. Kudos to all those who made our stay the most enjoyable time!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank soakupdasun
Hanover, PA
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My husband and I have been spending from the day after Christmas until the day after New Year's since 1992 and we LOVE this place. The staff has always been friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The breakfasts are out of this world, and the teas and wine and cheese times are great. This year we trekked through the blizzard to get to the Angel. Out of concern for our safety, the staff had tried to reach us earlier in the day to give us the option to reschedule, but we had already left. Once we arrived, we were treated like royalty, and were afforded all the amenities such as wine and cheese and tea even though we were the only people there. Our room is super, however, it's the staff and other guests that keep us coming back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IowaHawk_11
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My wife and I stay at the Angel all year around. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The Angel is steps from the beach. Included are beach chairs and umbrellas, a beach towel and bicycles. At 4:00 pm they serve tea, coffee and an assortment of homemade cookies and pastries. At 5:00 pm there is wine and cheese with crakers, dip, and juices. The following morning there is a full breakfast. With their specials the Angel is #1 in our book.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mtdetect
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 November 2010

If you are not a smoker this is not the place for you, every inch of the porches and balconies is filled with smokers - we could not use our shared balcony for one minute because of the smoke. The guest space downstairs is a combo of office/reservation center, very noisy, staff on phone (loudly) most of the time, and it is also a "gift shop" so you do not feel it is a place you can read quietly or relax. If you want to sit outside in the morning with a plate of fresh fruit they do not allow you to do that, but in the evening when they put out really bad cheap cheese and cut up vegetatbles, you can take the plate of vegetables out onto the porch - how bizarre - staff could be hear complaining about guests and other staff members. Food is plentiful but really really low quality. Victorian accents in the downstairs and in most of the rooms are the synthetic Made in China variety. Basically full of trailer park kind of people. So if you are a low class smoker who likes fake cheese, this is the place for you!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank frisco14
Ron S, Owner at Angel of the Sea, responded to this review, 22 August 2015
We are new owners (as of May of 2015). This review is 5 years old but here are some changes we've made within our first 90 days of the summer 2015 season:

Smoking is no longer permitted anywhere inside or outside on any of the porches.
A designated smoking area with all new patio furniture has been provided on the side patio.
A full bountiful breakfast is now served on the porch (weather permitting) in addition to the dining room. We serve imported cheeses and other delicacies. We make regular trips to buy many of these items on Arthur Ave (a little Italy section of the Bronx). If you haven't visited us lately, you'll be pleasantly surprised. We look forward to serving our wonderful guests every day.

Ron, Theresa and the staff.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I have to say when my girlfriend said she wanted to stay at a bed and breakfast I was a little concerned. Thoughts of a couple, in there 30's staying at a B&B instead of a hotel worried me. It took all but about 10 minutes to switch my mind set and allow me to start my relaxation. We checked in late afternoon, just in time for several kinds of cookies and cakes along with coffee and hot tea. Our room was "very clean and decorated beautifully", says my girlfriend who is back seat writing over my shoulder right now. But I do agree. When we did leave our room we went to the main living room for wine, cheese, and different olives salads. 'Plenty of wine", she wants me to point out. The staff was more than helpful. They made all of our dinner reservations along with a massage appointment for my girlfriend and a tee-time for me. Perhaps my favorite part of the stay were the breakfasts. A buffet that included baked goods, cereal, fresh fruit, and a hot baked fruit dish was waiting for us in the dinning room each morning. I thought that was the whole meal and was very happy, but then a young lady gave us a choice of two entrees. My choice was the best pumpkin Belgium waffles I ever had. "I told you so", my girlfriend just pointed out to me. She did, and I have to admit she was right. Does this mean I should listen to her more?

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple