My husband and I, until this trip, had no experience with B&Bs, but I would guess that Angel is one of the better ones. It is very well kept, but kind of on the pricey side. Our room was on the 3rd floor - 34 steep steps up and down. The room was small, but clean and nicely decorated (if you like Victorian). The bathroom had a clawfoot tub which was a bit difficult to get in and out of. The bed was somewhat uncomfortable for us. The room was surprisingly quiet. Would have liked a room with an ocean view but it wasn't available and probably cost more. We did get a "book one night, second night free" deal, but the odd thing about that was that our room rate was listed on the web page as $170/night and we were charged $270 for two nights. What happened to the free night? We should have asked.
We heard people rave about the breakfasts, but we were not impressed. Both mornings that we were there the food seemed underdone. Afternoon tea was nice - but, again, we weren't impressed with the goodies provided. Wine & cheese was good.
We enjoyed being a short walk from the beach and not too close to the shopping district. We used the bicycles that Angel provided to do a little riding in the area. They also provide beach chairs, umbrellas and towels in season.
We realize now that we do not care for the B&B type of accommodation, but I don't think that's the fault of Angel. There were quite a number of people there who said they have been coming back for many years. It was, in general, an older crowd, but that could have been due to the time of year (October). We were also not that impressed with Cape May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Victorian Bed & Breakfast Inn located opposite the ocean. Your stay includes full breakfast service, afternoon tea service and evening wine and cheese service. We also offer free use of bicycles, beach towels, beach chairs and beach umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Angel of the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Of The Sea Hotel Cape May
- Angel Of The Sea Cape May, New Jersey