My recent stay at the Angel was not as good as previous visits. Upon checking into our room, there was a burnt out light bulb laying in the middle of our bed, it was promptly removed by the gentleman who escorted us to our room, so not that big of a deal. Our room was very, very dusty and the rugs were not vacuumed. Also, wet, used towels that we left on the bathroom floor to be removed were not taken away after the room was serviced. The breakfast portion on our first morning was teeny tiny, neither of us are huge eaters and we were still starving. When I requested a second breakfast for the two of us to split, it was a big hassle. The attendant stated that we would have to wait until the end of breakfast to see if there was another portion left. I understand that they need to have enough for all of the guests, but I find it difficult to believe that there would not be one extra portion available. We were getting ready to go to Wawa to purchase breakfast sandwiches when the attendant kindly gave us another plate to split. They do have other offerings on the buffet, but we don't visit the Angel to fill up on cereal, yogurt, etc. This experience & hassle was very disappointing to us. We normally love our visits to the Angel & this trip has me worried that they are slipping a little in the customer service & cleaning departments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Victorian Bed & Breakfast Inn located opposite the ocean. Your stay includes full breakfast service, afternoon tea service and evening wine and cheese service. We also offer free use of bicycles, beach towels, beach chairs and beach umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Angel of the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Of The Sea Hotel Cape May
- Angel Of The Sea Cape May, New Jersey