“Taking me back!!”

Ranked #5 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Taking me back!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The second I walked in I felt relaxed and comfortable. We were greeted by a super friendly staff ready to help us enjoy our trip to cape may.
After they personally take you to your room they invite you to come to tea and pastry and wine and cheese.
We were shocked! The. make enough to feed an army!! They helped us make reservations for dinner while enjoying wine and when we came back the staff offered to get us some hot water if we wanted tea before bed!!! The beds are super comfy and you have plenty of pillows!! Coffee is ready at 7 am..very nice...and after the best breakfast I have had in a while..I rolled up to my room for a nap!

The only thing that was sort of a pain was the fact there was no elevator and we were on the 3rd floor. But I would definitely stay agan!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank juicybell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife & I stayed during the 3rd week in April. All the staff were friendly & down to earth, the owner Lorie is a real go getter & very friendly. The whole staff was also very helpful. Breakfast (starting @ 8:00am coffee is out @ 7:00am) options were excellent, two choices for hot breakfast and a good selection of cereals, teas, juices, and plenty of delicious fruit with an endless supply of coffee. Around 4:00pm out come an assortment of cakes & other desert type foods with hot teas and coffee. From 5:30pm-7:00pm Wine (white, red, rose') is served with assorted cheeses & pepperoni / salami, a vegetable tray, crackers, and a few different types of dip. Coffee is usually left out in the living room for everyone's convenience. We saved a lot of money not going out to dinner, usually a nice lunch out covered us with all that they serve at the Inn. Our room on the second floor was beautiful with an ocean view a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary . We also met some very nice people there. Beach is right across the street. Thank You Angel Of The Sea for a pleasant 3 night stay! - BrianandLisa

Room Tip: Ask the staff anything about the rooms...bed, bath, view. They are very friendly and will help you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brianandlisar1
Rio Grande, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We live locally and just needed a night out!!! With such an awful winter the Angel it was awesome to sit by the fire and have the staff wait on us!!!!! We hope to go back over the bridge in the summer but with sooo many people at that time we might not get back till Fall. Tea was so nice!

Room Tip: My husband and I are older so first floor with a shower was perfect for us.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This Victorian B & B across the street from the beach has magnificent ocean views. We have stayed here many times over the years and lovingly refer to it as "Our Angel". The staff is helpful and friendly. When we arrive, and during our stay, the staff is like visiting old friends. The rooms are period décor, clean, comfortable and many have balconies and/or ocean views.
We have always stayed during the first week in April to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The town itself, is just awakening from its long winter's nap so there is not as much activity as in the summer months and many restaurants are not open either; however, it is perfect for relaxing, reconnecting and enjoying the quaintness of Cape May.
The Angel is embroiled with history. In the main parlor, there are scrap books documenting the restoration of this lovely Victorian home. The outside is truly a "Pink Lady" with white gingerbread woodwork trimmed in lights and white wicker porch furniture lending itself to an afternoon of reading, board games, chatting with old and new friends.
We even got "safe travel home" wishes from Charles and his son, who were busy power washing the wicker and porches, as we were leaving yesterday. From start to finish, always an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Any of the Angel Suites are lovely and a bit roomier (remember this is a Victorian home, so the room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justine D
pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My recent stay at the Angel was not as good as previous visits. Upon checking into our room, there was a burnt out light bulb laying in the middle of our bed, it was promptly removed by the gentleman who escorted us to our room, so not that big of a deal. Our room was very, very dusty and the rugs were not vacuumed. Also, wet, used towels that we left on the bathroom floor to be removed were not taken away after the room was serviced. The breakfast portion on our first morning was teeny tiny, neither of us are huge eaters and we were still starving. When I requested a second breakfast for the two of us to split, it was a big hassle. The attendant stated that we would have to wait until the end of breakfast to see if there was another portion left. I understand that they need to have enough for all of the guests, but I find it difficult to believe that there would not be one extra portion available. We were getting ready to go to Wawa to purchase breakfast sandwiches when the attendant kindly gave us another plate to split. They do have other offerings on the buffet, but we don't visit the Angel to fill up on cereal, yogurt, etc. This experience & hassle was very disappointing to us. We normally love our visits to the Angel & this trip has me worried that they are slipping a little in the customer service & cleaning departments.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank peachgirl_10
Ron S, Owner at Angel of the Sea, responded to this review, 23 August 2015
Dear Peach Girl,

8/23/2015: Please give us another try! We recently purchased the Inn on May 19th 2015. Over these first 90+ days of ownership, I'm fairly confident that we have addressed all of the concerns you've raised. I can tell from your review that you have stayed here several times over the years and perhaps the Angel holds a special place. It would mean so much to us if you would come back and let us show you what we've done.

Feel free to call the front desk. I will return your call if you give me the opportunity. I would love to chat over breakfast out on the oceanfront porch with Peach Girl.

Thanks,

Ron, Theresa and the staff.
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Angel of the Sea is a Victorian B&B right on the ocean in Cape May. The Inn itself is loaded with history and period decor - a bit overdone. The staff was very nice as was our room. Breakfast and afternoon tea was terrific. The wine and cheese was okay. The wines were mediocre. If I return to Cape May, I will try a different B&B.

• Stayed March 2014
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We spent the weekend of March 28th at this lovely inn.
The weather was lousy all 3 days but the Angel of the Sea offered a nicely appointed room, delicious breakfast and very friendly staff. The inn is very close to the beach but it is about 20 mins walk to the center of town. Nice walk and not a problem for us at all but just thought I mention it.
Jamie was spot on in steering us towards the Rio Grande diner for fabulous crab cakes.

All in all, a nice experience just not memorable.

Room Tip: Room 19 has it's own entrance and private balcony. Perfect combination if the weather cooperates...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple