Angel of the Sea
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$171
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$419
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$270
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
Travelocity
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$245
Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$205
Wilbraham Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$262
All reviewswine and cheeseafternoon teabed and breakfastmy husband and inew ownershot entreesfree bicyclescrackersbeach towelsget awayshared balconyother guestschairs and umbrellasbaked goodsacross the streetocean viewvictorian decor
Reviewed 16 June 2014

From the initial call to the Angel of the Sea to the moment I handed in my keys everything was amazing. The staff was a pleasure to be around. Mark had taken full care of everything I needed the entire weekend. He was a pleasant smile welcoming me to the Inn, and making sure I enjoyed my stay. I believe the bell boy was Ben, also quite a delight. Jamie who works nights kept me entertained and made sure I had everything I needed for the weekend. I don't normally eat much for breakfast since I have an egg allergy- but boy did my boyfriend rave about the food prepared.
I was coming off of 2 weeks travel with work so I was a bit scattered and it was nice to see such a calming place. The beach chairs, and towels provided is a huge plus. The room was comfortable and well kept. I can't wait to go back to the Angel of the Sea!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This review is a few weeks late, but but better late then never! My husband and I have been to several bed and breakfast in Cape May, but this was our first stay at the Angel of the Sea. We stayed the weekend of May 16th. My sister had gave us a gift certificate and wow did out do herself! First I have to say that all of the staff were so helpful and friendly! From the time we checked in, at breakfast, happy hr, all throughout the weekend if we needed anything it was never too much to ask anyone anything. We had stayed in a suite and it was perfect. We had a king bed, an ocean view and it was just amazing. One of my favorite things about staying at a bed and breakfast is the breakfast and by far this was the best breakfast i have ever had! The selections were wonderful! And the happy hr. perfect, again so much to chose from! I dont remember having such a elaborate spread! And there is also tea time, with tasty sweets which were also great! And the best part of all of this was we met so many nice people! People that also were at the Angel for their first time, and others that have been coming back for many years! We are sure to make the Angel of the Sea a place that we are sure to come back and visit!

Room Tip: I think any room would be nice! We had an angel suite, which are more money, but really how much are you in them?
1  Thank troyt10
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We traveled down to Cape May for our 3rd Anniversary. The staff at Angel By the Sea really made our weekend a special one. The location is perfect. Across the street from the beach, far enough away (but still within walking distance) of the touristy areas. The cruiser bikes supplied by Angel By the Sea as part of our stay made it fun and easy to get around town. We parked our car and didn't get in it again until we left 3 days later. The breakfasts, Afternoon Tea and Wine and Cheese in the early evening made it tough to find a reason to eat out more than once a day. Our room was nice, old-style Victorian. It was clean and well kept. However, hanging out in our room all day was not on the top of our list. The outdoor balconies and porches at Angel by the Sea, the complimentary bikes, beach chairs / towels / umbrellas and the incredible weather made it impossible to want to stay inside during daylight hours. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and so much fun. We felt like we were staying with people who really loved Cape May and where they worked. They took pride in what they do and treated guests as family, even leaving a Happy Anniversary card in our room upon our arrival. Awesome stay, we will be back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the Angel of the Sea 2 or 3 times every year for the past 20+ years and we have loved every minute of every stay. The Inn and the employees are the most accommodating of any other Inn we have stayed. We have stayed in atleast a dozen different rooms and they all have their own caracter and victorian charm. We always ask the staff to make our dinner reservations at the different restaurants in Cape May, many times they were able to get us a reservation when the restaurant was booked and we were not able to get one on our own. We have stayed at many other B & Bs in Cape May, when the Angel was booked full and some of them are fine but not one other Cape May B & B can come close to the charm and hospitality of the Angels of the Sea.

Room Tip: The Inn has 3 or 4 different classes of rooms so of course the higher the price of the room the better the view and size will be but all other services including breakfast, tea, evening wine etc is exactly the same for all guests.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for one night as a wedding gift and that was long enough. My biggest complaint was the mattress was so old, it was U-shaped. I know a lot of people like the old victorian era stuff but I think it's just old, broken, creaky, and dirty looking. The breakfast was plain lousy. Some sort of kish egg/potato square? Thank goodness we were there early in the season with cool outside air. In the summer I'd imagine this place is a furnace. The staff tried to be friendly but forgot our complimentary champagne even after we asked for it. Housekeeping knocked once around 11 am and immediately unlocked the door to find us sitting there half naked. They apologized and immediately shut the door. At $300 per night it was not a good value.
The pluses were walking on the beach, bike riding around town and tea or coffee with sweets, the cheese and crackers with wine.

3  Thank wisesammy
Ron S, Owner at Angel of the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Dear Wisesammy,

We just purchased the Angel of the Sea on May 19th almost a year after your stay. Thank you for providing feedback. We've read many reviews leading up to our purchase of the Inn, and yours was one of them. I also want to let you know that during our first few weeks of ownership, we have taken steps to address your specific concerns:
1) We've replaced a number of mattresses and pillows.
2) Every room gets an air conditioner for the summer and we replaced many of them during our first few weeks. The entire Inn is quite comfortable.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Ron & Theresa