I have wanted to bring my girlfriend (now actually fiance) to The Southern Mansion for years. It was exquisite. The room was spacious, romantic and had everything we needed for the entire weekend. The full breakfast that was included was better than I ever expected. Everything at least seemed to be made to order along with a continental bar. During the day there were light refreshments in that same area. The staff was very helpful and even was nice enough to take a picture of us out front before we left.
Being the critic I am here are the thing I wish were a tiny bit different.
I wish there would have been a mini fridge of some sort in the room. I am usually OK with an ice bucket but, the ice machine was in the basement.
We used to think that this would be where we wanted to get married but, after seeing a wedding in action, I think it would not work out. We were very active all weekend going in and out as we pleased. I honestly felt bad for the wedding because we literally walked through their party twice just to get to the front door. Also, we walked out the front door and bam! they were taking their wedding pictures (we were actually in them I think).
The price, even in November we paid a pretty penny for two nights. Please let me say, it was completely worth it. But, in the future I may be more likely inclined to try different B&Bs before spending that much again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Southern Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Southern Mansion Hotel Cape May
- Southern Mansion Cape May
- Southern Mansion Hotel Cape May
- The Southern Mansion Cape May, New Jersey