Our trip was one of nostalgia. My 82 year old mother was returning home after a very long absence and I was returning to Cape May where I had spent many summers. My wish was for the trip to be fun, yet calm for my mother. I got my wish!!! From the MOMENT I made the reservations with McKinley. walked to the front door until we drove away, we experienced the meaning of warm and friendly hospitality. The Gingerbread House is located 1 block from the beach and a few blocks from the shops & restaurants of the Washington Street Mall. The outside of the inn is landscaped beautifully and well maintained; the inside is furnished with Victorian elegance and relaxing. Our room and bathroom were comfortable and very clean. Joan is very knowledgeable about the Cape May area and you can count on her recommendations for food and activities. Fred takes well-deserved pride in his meticulous restoration of the house. If we ever return to the area, we know we will be enthusiastically and warmly welcomed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A meticulously and elegantly restored 1869 Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn situated in the historical district and 1/2 block to beach. Period antiques, original watercolors, classical music, Fred's photographs and exquisite woodwork combine with friendly service and attention to detail. Delightful breezes and the sounds of the sea create a comfortable setting amidst the wonderful furnishing of a golden age. Breakfast, fireplace, private baths and guest veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gingerbread House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gingerbread House Hotel Cape May
- Gingerbread House Cape May, New Jersey